11 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ridiculous Redirection 2: Superhuman Boogaloo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Williams
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm preparing to fight Iron Legacy on advanced, and I'm unclear on how his "Motivated By Desperation" side's Advanced text applies when he also has one or two copies of Superhuman Redirection in play. To add to the confusion, I'm going to be playing Nightmist (and there's a fair chance another player will have Mister Fixer).

So, say that Ra plays a Fire Blast on IL. He has 1 damage reduction, so Superhuman Redirection might not even apply, but let's assume Ra has +1 to damage, to avoid that problem. So this is the first time IL has taken damage; his advanced text deflects it to Nightmist, and she uses the Amulet to send it back to him. Does Superhuman Redirection now send it away again, or has the "first time damage was dealt" also used up the "first time 5 or more damage was dealt" of SHRD? What if it was only 4 damage thanks to reduction; would that change the interaction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They all use would be dealt damage this turn so if the damage after DR is 5 or more will cause all of them to trigger once if you can keep redirecting damage back to Iron Legacy. If after the DR the damage is four or less only the Advanced Iron Legacy rules will trigger once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be more specific about what Sonvar was saying:

Ra deals (net) 5 damage to Iron Legacy. Superhuman Redirection #1 redirects it. Nightmist deflects it back. Superhuman Redirection #2 redirects it again. Supposing the heroes manage to redirect it again back to Iron Legacy, then his advanced text would redirect it again. If the heroes manage to redirect the damage yet again, then he would take the damage.

(There's flexibility in terms of when you use which of the effects.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Williams
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Second, unrelated rules question from the same game (if you can call it that; it wasn't exactly fun). In the Temple of Zhu Long, Iron Legacy killed the Shinobi Assassins, and they go onto Haka's deck, and then IL kills Haka. The Assassins are in his deck at the time he's incapacitated, so they leave the game along with Haka's deck, correct? What about when Rites of Revival brings him back in; are they shuffled into the deck from which he draws his starting two cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexa Elvrayen

California
msg tools
Reduction and redirection conditions are checked one at a time in the order of the players' choosing. So he could potentially redirect it multiple times.
(Also to be noted, if you apply his reduction first - the reduction is removed after a redirect and you'd apply the full amount again )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
collectible cardinal wrote:
Second, unrelated rules question from the same game (if you can call it that; it wasn't exactly fun). In the Temple of Zhu Long, Iron Legacy killed the Shinobi Assassins, and they go onto Haka's deck, and then IL kills Haka. The Assassins are in his deck at the time he's incapacitated, so they leave the game along with Haka's deck, correct? What about when Rites of Revival brings him back in; are they shuffled into the deck from which he draws his starting two cards?

If Haka got incapped then the Shinobi Assasin goes to the environment trash. Even if Haka is brought back later on the Shinobi Assasin would not get shuffled into his deck. At that point he'd only regain one if it was chosen to go onto his deck after another one in play got destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Williams
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sonvar wrote:
If Haka got incapped then the Shinobi Assasin goes to the environment trash.

How do we know this? Is it covered in the Fireside rulings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly. You can try it in the digital game to be sure, assuming you have it. I do believe incapping the hero is the only way to get Shinobi into the environment trash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Williams
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TakeWalker wrote:
Possibly. You can try it in the digital game to be sure, assuming you have it.

I do not have either the money to purchase the digital game nor a device adequate to play it. It might technically work on my new Android Obamaphone, but I wouldn't want to try and play on such a tiny screen.

Quote:
I do believe incapping the hero is the only way to get Shinobi into the environment trash.

They get discarded by Mysterious Ceremonies and Hyperactive Senses all the time. They only go into play if they're discarded from a hero deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonvar wrote:
If Haka got incapped then the Shinobi Assasin goes to the environment trash.

How do we know this? Is it covered in the Fireside rulings?

It is here along with other clarifications https://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Temple_of_Zhu_Long...

Even without that in general if a hero is incapped any cards they have belonging to another deck put it into the respective trash. For example, if Haka had a Blade Battalion under Savage Mana and gets incapped that Blade Battalion goes to Baron Blade's trash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

They get discarded by Mysterious Ceremonies and Hyperactive Senses all the time. They only go into play if they're discarded from a hero deck.

If they get discarded this way or anyway they still come into play and trigger their come into play affect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.