Subject: APL Battlegrounds Gaming Engine Module rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Bickel
United States
Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
I purchased the PNP version of APL last weekend. Just completed creating a module for Battlegrounds Gaming Engine (BGE). This is a virtual table top program for playing board games. Although not as well known as Vassal, I prefer it over Vassal. This is the start of turn 4. Think my US squad is about to be smoked by the German MMG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bickel
United States
Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yup, next turn the US squad paid for moving adjacent to the German squad in a stone structure. It did some damage, but ended up losing 4 strength points, breaking and routing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kirschke
msg tools
Hello, was wondering if you could tell me how difficult it was to create this for BGE? Thinking about trying it myself.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy wrote an article about his experiences porting another game (Patton's Best) into BGE, in case you want to read it. If you're pressed for time, you can just skim to the "Closing Thoughts" section at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend you also view the video tutorial here, to get a sense of how easy/hard it is to port a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kirschke
msg tools
Thanks, will check into those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bickel
United States
Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hi Tim. I've converted a lot of games over the last several years. I probably had 3 hours or so in this one to get started. I find that as I play I think of different/better ways to do things and make changes on the fly. As such, the module is always a work in progress. I enjoy the module tweaking as much as I do actually playing the game. I told Jason that I would work up a release module similar to what I did for Ostfront, but haven't finished it. It's about 75% finished, but other projects keep popping up that grab my interest. Right now I'm converting the game "The Ironclads" published by Excalibre Games. I bought if for myself last Christmas and for some reason I got inspired to work through it of late. If you'd like, send me a PM and I'd be happy to walk you through the steps I follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.