Subject: Failed confrontation and do it again? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
i c
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi Folks,

Can I try to "quest" action more than once by spending another action point if I failed the first time? I can't tell from the rules.

I.e. Spend one action point to Quest. Had 1 success. Then, spend another action point on same location, to "Confront" again.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do no "quest", you "confront".

And yes, you can accumulate successes over multiple attempts (during the same day...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Moetting
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rogan7 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Can I try to "quest" action more than once by spending another action point if I failed the first time? I can't tell from the rules.

I.e. Spend one action point to Quest. Had 1 success. Then, spend another action point on same location, to "Confront" again.

Thanks.

Yes, it is a key feature to do it over and over again on the same day. The cumulated successes will be lost during the night.

You can not repeat fight tests, because a fight will always result in a win or retreat. Ah, maybe if you had enough ap you could go back to the fight on the same day theoretically, but i do not see it really happen in a game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Gjerde
Norway
Trondheim
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
http://landnam.old.no
badge
http://old.no
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoetting wrote:
Rogan7 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Thanks.

Yes, it is a key feature to do it over and over again on the same day. The cumulated successes will be lost during the night.

You can not repeat fight tests, because a fight will always result in a win or retreat. Ah, maybe if you had enough ap you could go back to the fight on the same day theoretically, but i do not see it really happen in a game...

Not even that, as retreating forces a hero to immediately make camp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you escape a battle your turn is over. The only way you can return to a fight in the same turn is if you successfully evaded earlier in the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Boehm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or if you used a map token to relocate then you could go back and fight again if you had enough AP, but the enemy would be at max health again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OT OT
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quest: Perform a Test against any one of the Quest’s
attributes which has a value, hero’s choice, in an attempt to
defeat this encounter. If this hero has already performed a
Test against this encounter this day, they must choose the
same attribute as that previously chosen.

So this rule above does not also mean the fight attribute on a quest card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Gjerde
Norway
Trondheim
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
http://landnam.old.no
badge
http://old.no
mbmbmbmbmb
Kessel10 wrote:
Quest: Perform a Test against any one of the Quest’s
attributes which has a value, hero’s choice, in an attempt to
defeat this encounter. If this hero has already performed a
Test against this encounter this day, they must choose the
same attribute as that previously chosen.

So this rule above does not also mean the fight attribute on a quest card?

On a Quest card which has a Fight attribute value there will not be a small die icon beside it. That means that you do not engage in combat with it, you just use your martial skills the same way as the other three skills and may build up successes over several attempts, each costing an Action Point.

This is in contrast to Stranger cards which all have a Fight attribute value with a die icon beside it and a Sneak attribute with a skull beside it. These two attribute values are ignored until you inadvertently make them your enemies by totally failing the first Influence check against them (or by choosing to attack them). In that case, you engage them in combat which does not cost any Action Points regardless of how many combat rounds the engagement consists of. Combat lasts until either the hero or the Stranger-turned-enemy is defeated, or the hero escapes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OT OT
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks... that's a super clear explanation. Also the die on the fight value is clear now 😁
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.