Subject: Escape pod cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lee curkeet
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
After I draw a card and reveal it. Is that card out of the game or do I shuffle it back in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Kline

Bakersfield
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After you draw it, you rip it up and never use it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Kline

Bakersfield
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In all seriousness you don't put it back in the stack. I just don't prefer the airlock cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not use these cards. I think the humans already have a hard enough time trying to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ E
msg tools
The engineer’s ability implies you don’t shuffle it back in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Bobby
United Kingdom
Fowlmere
England
flag msg tools
I wondered about this question too. It's not only the engineers ability that implies they are shuffled back in, there is a specific mention in the rules that the humans lose if all the escape pods have been used or damaged. Though it's not explicitly said I think it's definitely the intention that there are always 5 cards in the escape pod deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sequoyah
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpiderBobby wrote:
I wondered about this question too. It's not only the engineers ability that implies they are shuffled back in, there is a specific mention in the rules that the humans lose if all the escape pods have been used or damaged. Though it's not explicitly said I think it's definitely the intention that there are always 5 cards in the escape pod deck.
I disagree because, as Russ said, the Engineer's ability seems to imply the cards are not normally shuffled back into the Escape Pod deck. (If all drawn cards were always shuffled back in, why would they need to clarify that [only] the card the Engineer did not choose gets shuffled back in?)

Also, the mention about the humans losing if all escape pods have been damaged or used can mean that 1 pod is damaged and all others have been used (meaning no other human can escape the Selva).

Like the others have said, you can play any way you like -- especially if you like the tension added by humans having to check each escape pod to see if it's damaged. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sequoyah
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested, Santa Ragione responded to this question with a response noted in this thread (see the 3rd post in the thread):

Quote:
4) Are used Escape Pod cards reshuffled into the Escape Pod pile, or discarded?
4) They are discarded, so that everyone knows their chances when it comes to the remaining pods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls