GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,875 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
191 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: July '17 US Math Trade Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: MathTrade [+] [View All]
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a US shipping math trade. To participate you must be able to receive at a US address. If you are shipping from outside the US, you must explicitly disclose this.

DATES
Deadline to submit offers: Sunday, July 9th, 12:30 AM Pacific
Deadline to submit wants: Sunday, July 16th, 12:30 AM Pacific
**Please note the AM deadlines.**

Shipping: Should you not specify any shipping conditions, you bear the full shipping cost to any US address. You may not list any shipping conditions that pertain to the contiguous 48 states. Item's that you'll be sending via USPS flat rate or 1st class ship for the same amount to all 50 states. The less you restrict your shipping, the more potential you have that it will trade. That is all that will be said about the matter. cool

Trade Geeklist: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/227121/july-17-us-mat...
Wishlist: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/227122/july-17-us-mat...

MATH TRADE RULES AND GUIDELINES:

OLWLG REQUIRED
1. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this math trade. (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/) Please get comfortable with it before the end of the trade. If you have questions, I suggest you post them in the discussion thread (link above). Myself or other users are happy to help you. There are several useful links to help you learn how to use the OLWLG at the bottom of this post.

ITEMS ALLOWED
2. Board and card games, BGG-related items, RPG items, video games, cash equivalent items (gift certificates, PayPal, etc.), and Geek Gold are allowed in this math trade. Cash equivalent items will need to be entered in the marketplace so BGG can collect their 3% commission for sales. Click here for more information on these Guidelines.

ARBITRAGE
3. Absolutely no GC/GG arbitrage, meaning you may not trade any gift card or GG lot for one of greater value. I will allow you to trade GC's for equal or lesser valued GC's. Remember, if you intend to trade for cash equivalents, you must pay BGG a 3% commission. (See Guidelines link in rule #2, above)

***NEW***: You may not both simultaneously buy GG for cash equivalents and sell GG for cash equivalents in the same trade. Meaning if you intend to offer GG and request CE's for those listings, you may not also offer CE's and request GG, or vice versa. You may either be a buyer or seller, but not both during the same trade. This does not apply to any transaction where an actual game is being traded, strictly GG for CE and CE for GG transactions.

ITEM DESCRIPTION
4. You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of the components and box, the language, and edition of your item and any sweeteners. You must inventory the game's components and list anything missing and/or damaged. If you do not, the game is expected to be complete, in like-new condition and be the most recent English edition.

5. Add sweeteners by typing the name of the game into the "board game" box of drop down menu so they properly display in the OLWLG.

6. Do not use a item type listing for an item unless you are offering that item, this also applies to listings using hyperlinks in the description. For example, do not list the item as the game if you're only offering certain components for that game. When in doubt, use "outside the scope of BGG" as the main listing.

7. Items may be edited after listing, however items may not be downgraded after the initial listing.

8. If you wish to remove an item for consideration OR need to in any way reduce an item's perceived value from the original listing (different edition, indicate a lesser condition, remove sweeteners, etc.), DELETE the item. The OLWLG handles this just fine (See #9, below). Then, relist the item correctly.

9. Subscribe to any and all items you are interested in, rather than writing down the number. If you write down the number and an item gets removed, the number will change.

PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS
10. Please subscribe to all of your listings and publicly acknowledge all questions. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.

11. It is customary to enter all trades into the BGG trading system. This is most easily done if the items you are trading are listed in your collection and are marked as "For Trade". Please endeavor to do so and to leave feedback once the trade is completed. Under most circumstances, positive feedback should be given for the empty half of the math trade.

12. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ENTERING INTO THIS MATH TRADE IS A COMMITMENT TO TRADE THE ITEMS THAT YOU ARE INDICATING YOU ARE WILLING TO TRADE FOR YOUR WANTED ITEMS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DOUBLE CHECK DUPLICATE PROTECTION AND CHECK BOXES. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRADE ONE OF YOUR ITEMS FOR ANOTHER ITEM, DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR WANTLIST. THE RESULTS, ONCE POSTED, ARE BINDING.

MODERATOR RESPONSIBILITY
13. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.

14. Decisions to anything that comes up regarding this math trade are decided by me. If you do not agree to me making such decisions, then don't participate in the math trade.

A general note:

While > 99% of the time trades go through smoothly, you are dealing with humans. Humans let other humans down and sometimes take advantage of them. Humans also sometimes make mistakes. If you are not ready to accept this fact, I suggest you refrain from entering this trade.

Please remember, every green check mark in the OLWLG means you are agreeing to make that trade. Once you submit your wants and the window to resubmit closes, you've agreed to those trades, and are expected to honor them, even in the event of a mistake.

I am running this trade because math trades are fun, exciting, and just plain awesome. Most of my collection has come from math trades. I am donating my time both for selfish reasons (to make trades) and out of gratitude to those that moderated the dozens of trades that I have enjoyed participate in. I am under no obligation to make everyone happy, nor will I try. Should you not like me or the way I run this trade, please refrain from entering.

HELPFUL LINKS
Math_Trades - If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies - Another good intro.
OLWLG - Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials - Tutorial videos
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video - covers all aspects of math trades

Please post here if you have any questions. Math trades might look a bit complicated at first, but they're really easy once you get the hang of them.

Good luck and happy trading!

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
JeffyJeff's TradeMaximizer version 1.5c
ITERATIONS=50
SEED=20170716
METRIC=users-trading

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, July 9th, 2017, 12:30 AM PDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, July 16th, 2017, 12:30 AM PDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running an OLWLG trade this month!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb

Ready for some good trades this month!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else getting an error message when they try to load the OLWLG homepage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Emil
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for hosting this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebb Carrier
United States
Georgetown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamemanue wrote:
Is anyone else getting an error message when they try to load the OLWLG homepage?

Yes. Maybe there is some maintenance going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't it be a good idea to have the want submissions deadline to be after the results from the Abecorn trade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Croftcheck
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I've got a single Funko Pop (2014 BlizzCon Mur'Ghoul) that I'd like to enter into the trade. Is this acceptable? I'm not sure if it necessarily fits into the categories, so wanted to ask first before putting it in the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fine. Just enter it as Outside the Scope of BGG and give it an altname tag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Swan
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Does copies work on paypal/GC listing?

I'm not sure why, but I vaguely remember that it might not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominic Swan wrote:

Does copies work on paypal/GC listing?

I'm not sure why, but I vaguely remember that it might not.

It works but a person receiving it could not get more than 1 of that entry when using copies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Asher
msg tools
mbmb
Hey,
Quick question:
Is there a way to offer two games for a single game?
So that if I perceive the value of game A to be 50 utils and I have games B and C, who together, I perceive to have a value of 50 utils I could offer the B and C combo for A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
kingloko wrote:
Hey,
Quick question:
Is there a way to offer two games for a single game?
So that if I perceive the value of game A to be 50 utils and I have games B and C, who together, I perceive to have a value of 50 utils I could offer the B and C combo for A.

Only if you bundle them together in the same geeklist listing, i.e one is a sweetener.

You can not trade multiple geeklist listings combined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garen Evans
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm new to this and in owlg. If I edit my wants, how do I delete a want? I do not see a button for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
giwiganz wrote:
I'm new to this and in owlg. If I edit my wants, how do I delete a want? I do not see a button for that?

There is a box in the left hand column of the OLWLG.

type "delete" into this box for each item you wish to remove.

Then save changes at the bottom.

This will not work to remove a dummy item (from duplicate protection) one one has been created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garen Evans
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you! Now that was bound to be my next question, because that is what I wanted to do - delete dummy items too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In past math trades, it was added to my profile in OLWGL, and I received notifications when the OLWGL was updated. This didn't happen this time. How can I arrange this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just double check your settings in the OLWLG. No reason why it shouldn't be notifying you that I'm aware of. When I re-sync the list, it tells me that X number of users are being notified...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Please forgive my ignorance of the OLWLG, but what settings? I never had to do anything like this before; I'm not sure how I was added to previous math trades, but this one is listed under "Other Active Shipping Math Trade(s)". How do I get myself listed as part of this math trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
korric2000 wrote:
Please forgive my ignorance of the OLWLG, but what settings? I never had to do anything like this before; I'm not sure how I was added to previous math trades, but this one is listed under "Other Active Shipping Math Trade(s)". How do I get myself listed as part of this math trade?

Pretty simple. Add an item to the trade geeklist and wait for the moderator to sync the list. If you have an item showing up in OLWLG, then I have no idea what's wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Wayman
United States
Palmetto
FL
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Navy Brat, Dad served on Submarines in the 60's and 70's. I was there to watch them Commission his last two boats,SSN615 Gato and SSN684 Cavalla. The "New" Navy assigns sailors to subs, Dad said he wouldnt be caught dead on one now!
mbmbmbmbmb
korric2000 wrote:

Log into the OLWLG, next to your name in the header is the profile editor link (looks like a meeple kinda). Make sure you have checked " turn on geekmail notifications whenver a math trade you are in is resynced with the geeklist". You will get a GM every time list is resynced once your initial entry to the months Geek List has been scyned.

Another way to verify your being in this months MT is to use the icon that looks like 3 people standing close that is on the MT's page you are referencing. It is located between the stats link and the step3 link. Your name should show up here once an item is added to the MT and the moderator has resynced the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
henry k
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
korric2000 wrote:
In past math trades, it was added to my profile in OLWGL, and I received notifications when the OLWGL was updated. This didn't happen this time. How can I arrange this?

I think there most likely just hasn't been a resync yet. Once the moderator resyncs you should get added automatically. I'm waiting too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It was apparently awaiting resync. I'm got a notification today. Thanks, everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rench
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
I'm new to this completely and as such am a bit lost as to how to go about doing this properly. I have the game I'm trying to trade listed as such under my own profile and I've also got the game I'd like, listed as one that I want.
Then under the July 17 game trade page I listed the game I'd like to trade (it's number 2598). I then followed the link to July 17 math trade wishlist page and posted what I wanted there (104).
My question is, where is this OLWLG? Is it a separate list that I need to enter my info into or have I done it already?
- Nate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
nw_r wrote:
I'm new to this completely and as such am a bit lost as to how to go about doing this properly. I have the game I'm trying to trade listed as such under my own profile and I've also got the game I'd like, listed as one that I want.
Then under the July 17 game trade page I listed the game I'd like to trade (it's number 2598). I then followed the link to July 17 math trade wishlist page and posted what I wanted there (104).
My question is, where is this OLWLG? Is it a separate list that I need to enter my info into or have I done it already?
- Nate

It's the first item listed in the rules of the trade. (A link.)

And there are more links at the bottom of the post/geeklist header.

Just slow down. Read. Follow directions. It's not dumbed down. But it's not hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.