Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the old ship count as still being in your portfolio? If you have the middle column bottom house row house bonus, does that mean that you never have to pay a good as long as you upgrade instead of buying a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
The old ship counts to the total size of your portfolio.
That bonus gives you a discount of one good when you want to build a ship.
If the upgrade cost is one good, you don't pay anything.
As an example, if you upgrade a ship from lv 2 to lv 4, you only pay one good instead of 2.
Hope this helps. Have fun.
Vital
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
The old ship counts to the total size of your portfolio.
That bonus gives you a discount of one good when you want to build a ship.
If the upgrade cost is one good, you don't pay anything.
As an example, if you upgrade a ship from lv 2 to lv 4, you only pay one good instead of 2.
Hope this helps. Have fun.
Vital

We're still not understanding. It's at the start of the game, and I have a level 1 ship and a noble and I can only have 2 things on my ship. I want to upgrade my level 1 ship to a level 2 ship. Do I have to discard the noble card first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Just replace the old ship.
The replacement of any card is made in only one step.
You take one out and place the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
Brazil
Eldorado do Sul
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Vital, regarding the old - replaced - ship, it is removed from the game or returned to the docks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.