Pandemonium» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attack & combat FAQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Ripoll
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Doubts about the combat system, including combos and creatures attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
何 志航
msg tools
mbmb
Hi,Marc
I have already played the game, there are some questions to clarify

About Combo Cards:
1.If Player1 decide to make a combo with another two player who in his space.and he choose a option which hit number is 4, so they must score total 6 hits , right?
the question is, do all participate player need to roll they combat dies individually?
if only the launched player roll combat dies, it's too difficult to success!?

2.Receives writes, if combo success, the total damage how to count?
only total hits for combat dices add combo card effect?
If the combo card option is "total damage +4",what is total damage?
it is include all characters equipped weapon damage?

Has the least Life Point is Furmungus(8) and the most is Arcane(20),
if the total damage only hits and combo effect, the Combo Cards is nearly difficult to kill creatures...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Ripoll
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, +1 Hit per character participating in the combo.
All characters launch their combat dice, that's right. Then you count the total number of Hits and if you reach the goal specificed in the combo card, you succeed.

2. Total damage = all hits scored by players (1 damage per Hit) + damage of any weapon used successfully in the attack + any damage (if any) done by the combo card. This can be a lot of Damage if used appropiately, but remember that you can only use each combo once (12 cards in total).
Also remember that to successfuly use a weapon in the attack, a character must roll the number of Hits specified in the weapon card. So, you can achieve a combo card, BUT fail using your weapon, therefore not killing any creature.

3. Furmungus are easy to kill once you get a weapon. Arcanes need finding a good combination of weapons, or using special cards, like combos. A lot easier to kill them with a combo of two characters or more (as you can add several weapons to the attack).

Remember that if you fail a combo, the attack is cancelled (and you must apply any selected penalties to the attackers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roach Marm
msg tools
mb
Hi. Just reading through the rules now. Sounds like it's going to be a fun game! Just one question so far...
Does the combo attack value apply to each creature individually, or is it spread across them?
I.e. if there was an Arcane and a Furmungus in a square that we did a combo attack on, and attack total was 22, would this kill both creatures, or just one of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Ripoll
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
- Does the combo attack value apply to each creature individually, or is it spread across them?
I.e. if there was an Arcane and a Furmungus in a square that we did a combo attack on, and attack total was 22, would this kill both creatures, or just one of them?

The total damage is applied to each creature, so if you can kill two creatures with a combo and the damage is higher than their life, both die.
In your example, yes, both the arcane and furmungus would die.
And you'd get 1 skill + 1 soul.

Thanks.
-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook does not state that the total damage applies to each attack in fact the wording"....does not ensure that the totsl damage reaches the minimum to kill all attacked creatures." Implies that you split the total among the enemies.

Please clarify do you need to score the weapon diificulty as well as the combo difficulty (I had played just roll for combo but that seems wrong from previous answers)

1. Is this from a die total? or does each player character roll for their weapon difficulty seperately?

2. If seperate rolls do all count for the combo requirement or only those that score hits equal to the weapon difficulty?

3. If seperate rolls then onlybdamage from weapons where hits equal difficulty count. Guess Yes.

Do abilities that reduce difficulty reduce Combo requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph K
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have 2 one-handed weapons equipped and start/participate in an attack, can you apply the damage of both weapons or do you have to choose one weapon (and if so, do I need to choose which to use before the roll)?

If I have the skill to equip an extra weapon, could I theoretically use 3 weapons at the same time in an attack?

Can there be multiple portals on the same space by killing more than one demon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Ripoll
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
- The rulebook does not state that the total damage applies to each attack in fact the wording"....does not ensure that the totsl damage reaches the minimum to kill all attacked creatures." Implies that you split the total among the enemies.

You're right, but the damage is not splitted in Pandmeonium.
Each creature receives the same damage. If you get a total 18 damage, you can kill any creature that have 18 or less Life value. But, you only can kill as much creatures as characters in a combo +1.

So, if you attack alone, you can only kill 1 creature. If you attack alone with a combo, you can kill 2 creatures. If you attack with other players, you can kill more creatures, up to 5.

Always, the total damage is applied to every creature attacked.
Also, you decide which creature dies, between all the creatures placed in the same attacked space.

- Please clarify do you need to score the weapon diificulty as well as the combo difficulty (I had played just roll for combo but that seems wrong from previous answers)

Approach it as if the combo and the attack were independent.
The combo needs a number of Hits to be accomplished: if you get those Hits, the combo is performed. All attackers roll their dice and you count the total amount of Hits.

But, each weapon has a number of minimum hits to work (specified in the Difficulty), so it is possible that a character rolls dice and can't use any weapon, causing no damage to the creatures.
In that case, you could have achieved a combo, but your attack caused too little damage to kill any enemies.
This is unlikely, but possible.

If two characters are attacking with a combo, one could fail to use weapons and the other use them successfully. You always add the total number of Hits + the weapons damage (if you used them) + any possible additional damage caused by the combo or an ally.

If you fail the combo, it doesn't matter the total damage, as the attack in immediately cancelled and the combo penalization applied.

- 1. Is this from a die total? or does each player character roll for their weapon difficulty seperately?

Each player attacks with his values (dice). The player launching the combo attacks first, and then the rest of players (it doesn't matter the order). Each character can attack successfully or miss the attack, but all character's Hits are counted to see if the combo is accomplished.
You add up the total hits + all successfully used weapon's damage + extra combo or ally damage (if any) = Total Damage.

- 2. If seperate rolls do all count for the combo requirement or only those that score hits equal to the weapon difficulty?

Only total Hits are required. All characters roll their dice and you count the total amount of Hits.
When each character rolls dice, you also see if they can use their weapons to add to the total damage (but that doesn't affect the combo).

- 3. If seperate rolls then onlybdamage from weapons where hits equal difficulty count. Guess Yes.

Total Hits = combo success.
Individual Hits = weapon usage (affects total damage).

- Do abilities that reduce difficulty reduce Combo requirement.

No, difficulty in the combos are not the same value as difficulty in the weapons cards. The Skill tree reduces the weapon difficulty, not the combo difficulty.

- If you have 2 one-handed weapons equipped and start/participate in an attack, can you apply the damage of both weapons or do you have to choose one weapon (and if so, do I need to choose which to use before the roll)?

If you can use both weapons, you use both weapons. Each weapon has a difficulty, you can use both if your roll enough Hits.
Example: you have a weapon with difficulty 2 and a weapon with difficulty 1 equipped:
You roll dice and score 2 Hits = you can use both weapons.
You roll dice and score 1 Hit = you can only use the second weapon.
You roll dice and score 0 Hit = you cannot use any weapon.

- If I have the skill to equip an extra weapon, could I theoretically use 3 weapons at the same time in an attack?

Yes, you can. With that skill, you become a killing machine.
If you use skill trees eficiently, your character can improve significantly.
The game if hard when you start, but has a lot of ways to change that, once you discover some possibilities, like souls, skill trees, combos,some item combinations or even dimensional portals.

- Can there be multiple portals on the same space by killing more than one demon?

Of course. No limit in the number of Portals, so beware goo

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jarek kaz
msg tools
mb
Range of weapon =1 means: my space or adjacent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Dobosz
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marc.

So I want to clarify two things, and see if I understand them correctly.

1. Dealing damage to more than one creature.
I am doing combo by myself, so I can attack 2 creatures. I have succeded in using my weapon, and doing a combo. In result I can do for example 7 damage. So I can hit one creature for full 7 points of damage to kill it. Then I can hit another one for full 7 points of damage to kill it. In other words, I do 7 points of damage, but I can kill two 7HP creatures, that basically have 14 HP together?

2. Using weapon, adding damage to combo.
I am doing combo with two other characters. Each character is using a weapon of course. Character A rolls, and gets enough hits, to succesfully use his weapon. So he will add his weapon damage, and "rolled hits" damage to combo damage pool, right? As well, as he will add his hits to "combo meter"? Second player rolls dice, and scores one hit, which is not enough to use his weapon. So he is not adding any damage to the "damage pools", but his one hit is still added to "combo meter". My roll was not enough to use a weapon, so I do not add any damage, but still add my hit to "combo meter" and if combo meter gets to the needed value, the combo is still succesfull, but only damage from player A is getting miltplied, or whatever is the combo effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambit_GGK wrote:
Hi Marc.

I am doing combo by myself, so I can attack 2 creatures. I have succeded in using my weapon, and doing a combo. In result I can do for example 7 damage. So I can hit one creature for full 7 points of damage to kill it. Then I can hit another one for full 7 points of damage to kill it. In other words, I do 7 points of damage, but I can kill two 7HP creatures, that basically have 14 HP together?

I am doing combo with two other characters. Each character is using a weapon of course. Character A rolls, and gets enough hits, to succesfully use his weapon. So he will add his weapon damage, and "rolled hits" damage to combo damage pool, right? As well, as he will add his hits to "combo meter"? Second player rolls dice, and scores one hit, which is not enough to use his weapon. So he is not adding any damage to the "damage pools", but his one hit is still added to "combo meter". My roll was not enough to use a weapon, so I do not add any damage, but still add my hit to "combo meter" and if combo meter gets to the needed value, the combo is still succesfull, but only damage from player A is getting miltplied, or whatever is the combo effect?

It sounds correct , that is how I interpret the above explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziemek
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambit_GGK wrote:
I do 7 points of damage, but I can kill two 7HP creatures, that basically have 14 HP together?

Correct.
Marc wrote:
Each creature receives the same damage. If you get a total 18 damage, you can kill any creature that have 18 or less Life value. But, you only can kill as much creatures as characters in a combo +1.

Gambit_GGK wrote:

(...) Character A rolls, and gets enough hits, to succesfully use his weapon. (...) Second player rolls dice, and scores one hit, which is not enough to use his weapon. So he is not adding any damage to the "damage pools", but his one hit is still added to "combo meter". (...) the combo is still succesfull, but only damage from player A is getting miltplied

If the second player rolls one hit, that hit is added to damage pool. He/she just cant use a weapon, but still hits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Ripoll
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambit_GGK wrote:
Hi Marc.

That's right, Tomasz.
Total damage is applied to each creature individually.

In a combo, even if you fail to use your weapons, your Hits count as Damage and can be added to the total damage.

Thanks,
TGF
-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martinus Curiosus
msg tools
mb
Can characters in panic defend against attacks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.