Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Griffiths
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to document some questions that came up during our first game session. I've since managed to find the answers to most of those on the forums, but I thought it might be useful to highlight what problems arose to help improve the rules (in-case there's ever another print).

1. Which ones are the food tiles? There's 3 types of food disk (grass, herbs, roots), but two types of icon (grass, beans)?

Answer: Just the leaf ones. The 'bean' ones are for boulders! In my only game so far we filled all the leaf and 'bean' spaces with food...

2. What happens if you intentionally move into the Dingo? The rules list the Dingo as an obstacle, similar to a poop cube. And they say what happens if a Dingo catches you when it moves. But they don't say what happens if you move onto it. Is it sleeping?

Answer: you still get eaten.

3. Does the Dingo move at the end of every turn, with the Dingo 'controller' rolling the dice and making the moves, or only at the turn of the Dingo 'controller'?

Answer: Only on the turn of the Dingo 'controller'. (Though that's not 'official'). We kind of figured this one out ourselves by re-reading the text numerous times. (But that then raised the question of what 'occupies' a Dingo den space? Can we poop all over the Dingo dens to suppress them?)

4. If you're in a smell zone, can you choose to wander? Or are you only allowed to wander when you're out of a smell zone?

Answer: The rules state that if you're out of your smell zone you're lost, and if you want to move [whilst lost] then you wander. But they don't say you can't wander if you're not lost. But as I type this I can't remember why I'd want to do that: A normal move would do the same thing. Perhaps when I'd misunderstood that you wander to adjacent tiles. not the nearest tile.

5. The optional and variant rules section talks about Boulders, Dingo Protection actions, and 5 player rules, but doesn't provide any components for these in the box? Are they missing?

Answer: It turns out it's kickstarter stuff and available as an up-sell.

6. Are the set aside food cards are per player?

Answer: I don't know for definite, but it seems to be global, as otherwise the food would never get redrawn, even in a 2 player game.

7. When you're caught by the Dingo and you're the controller, can you "choose" yourself to get the die? (We actually missed that sentence in the book and always passed to the player that was caught, which meant the controller retained the dice. It's only when re-reading the rules to ask the question about Dingoes do I notice this sentence about a choice!)

Answer: ????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poddster wrote:
3. Does the Dingo move at the end of every turn, with the Dingo 'controller' rolling the dice and making the moves, or only at the turn of the Dingo 'controller'?

Answer: Only on the turn of the Dingo 'controller'. (Though that's not 'official').

It's official. The dingo only moves during phase 3 of the controller's turn.

Quote:
(But that then raised the question of what 'occupies' a Dingo den space? Can we poop all over the Dingo dens to suppress them?)

You can poop on a dingo den and it has no effect on where the dingo can pop up. Only mama wombats on dingo den spaces count as occupying.

Quote:
4. If you're in a smell zone, can you choose to wander?

No, you cannot. I am curious as why you might want to. Just to try to get the food to refill faster?

Quote:
6. Are the set aside food cards are per player?

Answer: I don't know for definite, but it seems to be global, as otherwise the food would never get redrawn, even in a 2 player game.

They are global.

Quote:
7. When you're caught by the Dingo and you're the controller, can you "choose" yourself to get the die?

No, you must choose someone else.

Thanks for compiling all the questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Griffiths
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattwolfe wrote:

Quote:
4. If you're in a smell zone, can you choose to wander?

No, you cannot. I am curious as why you might want to. Just to try to get the food to refill faster?

I'm afraid I can't remember why, but it seemed like a good idea at the time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.