Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not back this game on Kickstarter. I do, however, own most sets that have been put out thus far. One of the things that I love about Eldritch Horror is that they will occasionally release more characters within the expansions for that game. Is there ever going to be a "character expansion"? It would be great to have one character in some of these deluxe expansions. Or do they eventually plan on selling each new character type individually for roughly the amount they were selling them at Gen Con the past couple of years?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chainsaw Rabbit
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eventually the Hero Packs will go to retail, and if they stay true to the Preview releases, each one will contain a complete Hero Class (2 minis, all rules, tokens, upgrade sheet) for about $16. I'm actually surprised none have been released yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
All we know is they intend to sell the additional nonexclusive characters (i.e. Gambler, Shamen, Tribal, Doctor, Cowboy, Wandering Samurai), but like the small card expansions they may be FFG website and convention only.

Forbidden Fortress (The Third Starter) will have four Japanese Heroes (Samurai, Assassin, Monk, Sorceress)and Temple of Shadows another four (Soldier, Enforcer, Kitsune, Geisha).

They've said contradictory things about what is exclusive about the four Kickstarter exclusive heros {Outlaw, Sumo, Damiyo, Tredarran Veteran} and so either the figures or the cards or neither for these may be available later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As pointed out above all the non kickstarter exclusive Heroes will released eventually to normal retail. Personally think the reason why they have not released any yet is that they intend to re-tool the miniatures and make them in hard plastic like all the other miniatures. This is just speculation though, but it would make sense for mass production and they have stated that all the Forbidden Fortress Heroes will be plastic (no resins).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.