Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Wiik
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I just want to be sure I understand movement options during Peace. I am a bit confused by 7.42.

Quote:
7.42B, 2nd sentence:

League units and bases from either Side have no effect on movement during Peace and may move without restriction.

This suggests (to me) that either a)there are no theater exit requirements during Peace, or perhaps (given context) b) that there are no exit requirements only for Athenian or Spartan units exiting theaters containing the opposing city-state units.

But the rule states that 'league units.. may move without restriction' so this suggests that the normal theater exit requirements do not apply during Peace.

Rule 9.33 speaks of theater exit requirements during Peace

Quote:
9.33, last sentence:

Athenian and Spartan units still count for purposes of calculating assembly movement and Theater exit requirements.

Thus it seems that theater exit requirements apply during Peace as well.

I get the idea that City-State units cannot enter theaters containing units of the opposing City-State during Peace.

I am unsure if City-State units can exit such theaters without the matching forces requirements, though it seems reasonable to me that they could

I presume that exit requirements for League units still apply during peace.

Or perhaps there is more subtlety here :-/

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mwiik wrote:
I just want to be sure I understand movement options during Peace. I am a bit confused by 7.42.

Quote:
7.42B, 2nd sentence:

League units and bases from either Side have no effect on movement during Peace and may move without restriction.

This suggests (to me) that either a)there are no theater exit requirements during Peace, or perhaps (given context) b) that there are no exit requirements only for Athenian or Spartan units exiting theaters containing the opposing city-state units.

But the rule states that 'league units.. may move without restriction' so this suggests that the normal theater exit requirements do not apply during Peace.

Rule 9.33 speaks of theater exit requirements during Peace

Quote:
9.33, last sentence:

Athenian and Spartan units still count for purposes of calculating assembly movement and Theater exit requirements.

Thus it seems that theater exit requirements apply during Peace as well.

I get the idea that City-State units cannot enter theaters containing units of the opposing City-State during Peace.

I am unsure if City-State units can exit such theaters without the matching forces requirements, though it seems reasonable to me that they could

I presume that exit requirements for League units still apply during peace.

Or perhaps there is more subtlety here :-/

Thanks.

All rules are the same in peace. The only change are those pertaining to city state units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wiik
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Thus, during Peace, if there is a single Spartan land unit remaining in Athens, it cannot exit unless it can fulfill the normal exit requirements, and Athenian units from outside Athens cannot enter Athens? And this all applies during Redeployment as well?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mwiik wrote:
Thus, during Peace, if there is a single Spartan land unit remaining in Athens, it cannot exit unless it can fulfill the normal exit requirements, and Athenian units from outside Athens cannot enter Athens? And this all applies during Redeployment as well?

Thanks

Exit requirements remain. Redeployment is not affected by peace, placement not movement per the rules.

There is just the single restriction, per 7.42 B, only applies when resolving a military issue. All else the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wiik
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Ok thanks Mark. All that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.