Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Anderson
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We played our first set of games tonight and had a good time. We completed the tutorial, hot map, and stop thief (0.4) We had a couple questions come up that we wanted to follow-up and ask.

- Can the priest character (adept?) use his blessing on other players?

- Do poison tokens stack? Do tokens in general stack?

- In a situation where the following, how to play it?

- Stratora is 4 spaces from a building with 2 fire tokens, 6 spaces from the scum with TV9
- Messenger was already on the board but "dead" (we thought we could heal him)
- will the Stratora walk to the building and set it on fire, thus making the heroes lose? Will he walk to the Scum and engage her even through he can't attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nix603 wrote:
We played our first set of games tonight and had a good time. We completed the tutorial, hot map, and stop thief (0.4) We had a couple questions come up that we wanted to follow-up and ask.

- Can the priest character (adept?) use his blessing on other players?-

Nope, his blessings our his own.

- Do poison tokens stack? Do tokens in general stack?

No character may ever have more than 1 positive or negative token of the same type at any given time. EDIT: The exception to this is if a card says otherwise. I forgot to mention that before.

- In a situation where the following, how to play it?

- Stratora is 4 spaces from a building with 2 fire tokens, 6 spaces from the scum with TV9 In regards to the first mission, this Stratiota would continue to move towards the house 4 spaces away, because the Scum is not currently in his Ca, now if in the process of moving the Scum got into his Ca he would abandon his mission of burning houses to go after the Scum. Keep in mind also, enemies will always take the most direct route while moving (moving the way that spends less AP).
- Messenger was already on the board but "dead" (we thought we could heal him) If the messenger dies, you lose instantly
- will the Stratora walk to the building and set it on fire, thus making the heroes lose? Will he walk to the Scum and engage her even through he can't attack? Continuing the prior thought about the Stratotia and Scum, if the Scum gets in his Ca he will go after her, even if all he can do is engage her.

To further clarify an issue I think you're having with the first mission. When the messenger appears, the Stratiota and Gipsy AI changes.

Before the messenger appears, they are burning houses closest to them unless an equally threatening Hero gets in their Ca.

After the messenger appears, they stop burning houses and focus on killing the Messenger because he becomes a bigger threat, unless an equally threatening Hero gets in their Ca.

You must try to keep in mind the defeat conditions, victory conditions, events and special rules for any given mission also. In your example above, enemies were still setting fires even after the event happened and the game was still in progress even though you lost due to the Messenger dying.

It becomes second nature after a while, but your first few games of Nova Aetas can be rather daunting, because it is a lot to keep track of. It took me a few plays of it to get the swing of things. I've made my fair share of mistakes also. It does get better with experience (no pun intended).

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.