United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey,

I just started off on TGD, and have played through the first turn once and the first day once. My next playthrough I hope to get into day two. Along the way, I came across several questions that could use some input. Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to provide:

1) In the campaign setup, there are four airplanes for June 6 support for each invading division. Is it correct to say that these replace the 10 aircraft the British get in the typical 0700 turn? Also, does this mean that the Brits cannot place any of the planes on interdiction on June 6?

2) Naval chits. When you replace the naval chit in the cup on the 0700 turn, does this mean that there are two waves invading on the 0700 turn? In other words, is it correct that you play the entire naval chit twice in 0700?

3) If #2 above is true, why does the errata say that the Royal Commando chit should only be placed in the cup on the 0900 turn? Isn't there a chance that the RM chit could be pulled after the second naval chit on 0700?

4) Just to be clear, black and white striped artillery cannot be fired during direct command, correct?

5) How common is the use of the table in the errata that gives a terrain modifier to bravery checks? What is the play impact of this?

Again, thanks for any insight...much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Forester
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Correct and correct, no interdiction on June 06.

2) Correct

3) It could but some RM can't even be on the beach yet. This evens things out a bit.

4) Correct

5) It's used a lot and is a key part of how the game works now. It's harder to assault units dug-in in good terrain, which is as it should be. Suppress them and it gets a lot easier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks much for the swift answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.