Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
We died during the tutorial scenario which informs my group/ family that the game will be a keeper. However, based on this playthrough we had a few questions.

1) can zombies enter vaults?
2) when dual wielding in this case the short sword. Is it 2 d6 for 8 to hit or is it still 1 d6 for 4 to hit but if it is a hit you do 2 points of damage?
3) do you still draw zombie cards in room where you know what initial/starting zombie will be? For example we know a fatty and a runner are locked up in certain rooms. Once you open those doors do you still draw zombie card's?
4) do all zombie need to be eliminated from a building before you can search? Or just the immediate room?
5) can you search any room or only specific rooms?
6)if i roll and fail to break a door do i still drop a noise token there?
7)can i spend all my actions attacking.

We looked in the manual to answer some of these questions but we were left unsure.

Thank you for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:

Yes.

BIgLatinDude wrote:
2) when dual wielding in this case the short sword. Is it 2 d6 for 8 to hit or is it still 1 d6 for 4 to hit but if it is a hit you do 2 points of damage?

You roll the number of dice indicated on the card for each of the weapons. None of the other stats on the weapons change.

BIgLatinDude wrote:
3) do you still draw zombie cards in room where you know what initial/starting zombie will be? For example we know a fatty and a runner are locked up in certain rooms. Once you open those doors do you still draw zombie card's?

Yes. Once a building is opened for the first time it spawns.

BIgLatinDude wrote:
4) do all zombie need to be eliminated from a building before you can search? Or just the immediate room?

No. Just the particular room (zone).

BIgLatinDude wrote:

Any room except Vaults.

BIgLatinDude wrote:

Yes. Anything that makes noise does so even on a fail.

BIgLatinDude wrote:

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:

I think so, but I'm actually not entirely positive on that. Zombies don't _spawn_ in a vault when you first open it, but I think that's it.

Quote:

Neither. You roll two dice.

Whenever you make an attack, each die is one separate attack. So for example with a great sword (5 dice, 5+ to hit, 1 damage), if you rolled 6, 5, 4, 4, and 3, you'd kill up to two zombies (assuming those zombies could be killed by one point of damage). If there were two walkers and a fatty, you could kill the two walkers, but NOT the fatty, because your weapon only does 1 damage.

Quote:

Yes.

Quote:

Just the room you're trying to search.

Quote:

Any room.

Quote:

Yes.

Quote:

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chamoy
United States
Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. Only after the door has been opened.
2) Each die you roll is considered separate to see if you hit or not. You don't add the die results together and you don't combine the damage.
3) Yes you do. Those are additional zombies that are guaranteed to be there in addition to your card selection.
4) No. But you can't search if they are in the same square as you. Not sure how it works with the multi-square chambers. Maybe someone else has an answer on that one.
5) You can search in any room.
6) It makes sense that it makes noise, but don't remember if that's official or was a variant rule posted here on BGG. But that's how we play it.
7) Yes, you can use all actions to attack multiple times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thank you. God bless this site. Ive has nothing but fantastic experinces here. You guys are amazing.

One thing though:
so we roll for each weapon separately but cannot combine damage?

also the special weapon, ann dagger, how does that come into play exactly?

thanks again all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Menial
Germany
Rödermark
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
BIgLatinDude wrote:

[q="BIgLatinDude"]4) do all zombie need to be eliminated from a building before you can search? Or just the immediate room?

BIgLatinDude wrote:

Any room except Vaults.

Hopefully it is okay to hijack your thread with a further question:
If you are playing 6 survivors, can every survivor search the same room or is it only possible to search a room only once by one of the survivors (independent of the number of survivors)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mike_DA wrote:
Carcking wrote:
BIgLatinDude wrote:

[q="BIgLatinDude"]4) do all zombie need to be eliminated from a building before you can search? Or just the immediate room?

BIgLatinDude wrote:

Any room except Vaults.

If you are playing 6 survivors, can every survivor search the same room or is it only possible to search a room only once by one of the survivors (independent of the number of survivors)?

The only limit on searching is that each survivor can only do it once per turn. Everyone can search the same room. Over and over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Menial
Germany
Rödermark
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
celdom wrote:
Mike_DA wrote:
Carcking wrote:
BIgLatinDude wrote:

BIgLatinDude wrote:

Any room except Vaults.

The only limit on searching is that each survivor can only do it once per turn. Everyone can search the same room. Over and over again.

So every room in the BP universe contains a lot of stuff (in addition to the Zombies) Thanks for your reply thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
Thank you. God bless this site. Ive has nothing but fantastic experinces here. You guys are amazing.

One thing though:
so we roll for each weapon separately but cannot combine damage?

also the special weapon, ann dagger, how does that come into play exactly?

thanks again all.

Let's set out all the basics...

When rolling an attack, you roll the number of dice for that weapon. Each result that exceeds the hit value will be a hit and each of those hits does the weapon's damage. You cannot split a high damage attack between multiple targets and you cannot combine hits to take down a target that needs higher damage to kill (like a Fatty).

Note that Dual Wielding only comes into play when you are using two weapons with the same name that also have the dual wielding icon on them. As the two cards will be identical, you will be rolling twice as many dice when you use a pair of such weapons. There is no way to dual wield weapons with different names.

As for the Dagger, it has an ability that powers up the Melee weapon in your other hand. If you make an attack with a Melee weapon and have a Dagger in your other hand, then you treat the weapon you are using as if its die value is one higher than what is written on the card.

Finally, remember that you can only ever consider two weapons to be in hand for any action, even if you are carrying a third weapon in your Body Slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
So in anns case.
If shes dual wielding a couple of swords that do 1 point of damage each, then if i hit with one of the swords I can also automatically hit with the dagger if its in the armor slot? Or do i have to roll for it. Also do i add that damage to the sword hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
So in anns case.
If shes dual wielding a couple of swords that do 1 point of damage each, then if i hit with one of the swords I can also automatically hit with the dagger if its in the armor slot? Or do i have to roll for it. Also do i add that damage to the sword hit.

If she is dual wielding the swords the dagger does not come into play. That would require the use of a third hand which is not allowed.

Damage is never added together to make higher damage. Each hit does the damage indicated on the stat line of the card, no more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Could she have a shield on the other hand AND use sword and dagger?
sorry just trying to be thorough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
Could she have a shield on the other hand AND use sword and dagger?
sorry just trying to be thorough.

Yes, then she would be fighting with just two hands - sword and dagger.
She would then be able to use shield during the Z phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thank you all again. We will attempt tutorial level again with the new knowledge weve gained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems I didn't explain the Dagger clearly enough, either. Perhaps an example will help...

The Great Sword is a card that has a dice value of 5 and it hits on 5+. You would usually roll 5 dice and the number of 5s and 6s you roll is the total number of hits you deal. When you have a Dagger in your other hand in addition to the Great Sword, you roll 6 dice instead of 5. Those 6 dice still hit on 5s and 6s.

So the only thing the Dagger does is increase the dice value of the other Melee weapon you are holding by one, as I said earlier. It's not an extra hit, it's not extra damage. You just roll one more die.

And always remember that rule that you can have two things in hand for any single event, which is why you can't have a Dagger while Dual Wielding a pair of non-Daggers. You can Dual Wield Daggers, though, which provides 4 dice. Each Dagger increases the dice value of the other Dagger from 1 to 2 and the Dual Wielding thus gives you 2 + 2 = 4 dice to roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murphy MacManus
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
BIgLatinDude wrote:
So in anns case.

If she is dual wielding the swords the dagger does not come into play. That would require the use of a third hand which is not allowed.

Damage is never added together to make higher damage. Each hit does the damage indicated on the stat line of the card, no more.

The dagger still gives 1 additional die in this situation, because the dagger in the body slot counts as equipped weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lvlurphy wrote:
The dagger still gives 1 additional die in this situation, because the dagger in the body slot counts as equipped weapon.

Not while you are dual wielding something.

You are only allowed to count yourself as having two Hands of items during any action (see the box on p32 of the rulebook for this rule). So while you might have the Dagger and a different pair of weapons equipped (one in the Body Slot), you can't use all three in the same attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
So the dagger only adds an extra dice to roll as if it was sword or whatever you have equipped. Or does the dagger have its own dice count and hit damage? (sorry I forgot)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
So the dagger only adds an extra dice to roll as if it was sword or whatever you have equipped. Or does the dagger have its own dice count and hit damage? (sorry I forgot)

The dagger lets you roll one extra die with the other Melee weapon, yes. That die has the same other properties (to hit value and damage) of the other weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:

When using the equipped dagger for its +1 die ability, the dagger's stat line is ignored. The exception to that is if you are dual wielding daggers. In that case you must rely on the dagger's stat line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.