Nexus Ops» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rock Strider Movement Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Cross
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm playing the Fantasy Flights version of Nexus Ops. In the vanilla rules can a Rock Strider move from a controlled hex through an enemy hex or contested hex when utilizing the 'moving through rock plains' ability?

The Avalon Hill rules specifically state this cannot happen, but the Fantasy Flights rules are not as direct about this. Those rules are more concerned about what happens when moving from a contested hex.

Avalon Hill: If a unit has the ability to move more than one hex, it must stop when entering a hex which contains enemy units (unless its ability says otherwise)

Fantasy Flights: A unit that moves into a hex containing enemy units must immediately stop (unless its ability says otherwise). Some units cannot enter certain hexes.
You cannot move units from one contested hex to (or through) another enemy-controlled or contested hex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the AH version, but I am sure it works the same way. A rock strider cannot move through an enemy occupied space when "rock striding." An ability that lets you pass through enemy occupied spaces would be things like the lava leaper starting a move on a lava tile, or the rubium dragon starting a move from the monolith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree, the original rules were intended to be the same, so I would defer to the AH rules on that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "unless it's ability says otherwise" is the key here. The Rock Strider doesn't say that it can ignore the movement restriction of hexes with enemy units, so it can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
conceptually, the leaper and dragon don't move through either, they go OVER them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.