5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Want To Find Game I saw years Ago rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Cioffi
msg tools
Ok Guys,

I'm looking for a boardgame that is out of print. It was probably published in the 80's or so (I believe at least, it could be a decade newer or older.) It is space themed. I believe the premise is to build star-gates to facilitate space travel; the player is some sort of corporation or entity working to that goal. Its rules were very very complicated. I think there was some writing down of information involved as there were not a lot of visual aids accompanying the game. The aesthetic was simple and somewhat austere. It reminded me of 2001 a space odyssey.

Has anyone seen or heard of this game. I have not actually played the game, but viewed it online and read its rules in a pdf. I would be immensely grateful if anyone here has heard of it (I think I originally found it through this forum) Also, I am not certain but I think the game might have been German originally (could be wrong about that).

Anyway: Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Merchant of Venus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Sound similar to Outreach: The Conquest of the Galaxy, 3000AD...The goal is to create stargates....lots of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starfall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Cioffi
msg tools
I think outreach is in fact it! Thanks very much guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.