Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Swagman
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The upcoming movie only recently caught my attention, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is a board game for it too. However, the current description isn't at all clear on the gameplay style. Does each player have their own team of agents or is it collective? Are the players competing, cooperating, or is it what I call a 'mostly cooperative' game where you have a common goal but individual victory points?

I'm hoping it is or can be cooperative, as I play games solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I've read says it's definitely cooperative. Players must work together to complete missions against the game itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=5146 it's cooperative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Webb
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
from cool stuff inc's page:
Quote:
It is the year 2740. You and your team have been tasked with completing a series of missions within a contested zone of Alpha. Your team must explore the station, searching for your targets while battling or evading the enemies that are trying to capture you. Complete the missions and get to the extraction site, and you win!

Valerian: The Alpha Missions board game is what is known as a "co-op" game. You'll make plans and test strategies as you explore the board together and try to evade capture - you'll all win or lose together! Unlike other games using cards, you don't keep your cards secret from other players. Whenever you get a card, place it face up in front of you so everyone can see it. Brainstorming plans for your turn with other players is a huge part of the game, but in the end it's up to you to decide what to do on your turn.

Your team wins when you've accumulated at least 20 Mission Points and get your whole team back to the AIRLOCK. Sounds easy... There are two ways to lose: if the enemies accumulate at least 20 Tracking Points, you've been captured. If any deck runs out of cards, your team has taken too much time. In either event, you lose

Each player chooses a color and takes a player piece (you may choose a male or female standee), 3 dice and reference card of that color. Put each player's piece on the AIRLOCK tile. Shuffle the Gear Deck and deal 2 cards to each player. Deal 1 Mission card to each player...

...follow the setup rules and begin your Alpha Missions. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a interesting co-op for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan AllThatJazz
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is fully cooperative. I've played it in Essen at Spiel 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AllThatJazz wrote:
Yes, it is fully cooperative. I've played it in Essen at Spiel 2017.

Hallo Jan.

Wie hat Dir das Spiel gefallen ? Kannst Du etwas zum Spielverlauf und zur Qualität des Spielmaterials sagen ? Wie lange dauert eine komplette Partie ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.