Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
badge
(chance is the fool's name for fate)
mbmbmbmbmb
the Gaming Rules! video explanation shows that the 1rst column is in play for round 1, the 2nd column is in play for rounds 2-3, and the 3rd column is in play for rounds 4-5. where in the rules is this stated?

when you complete a political circle you get your choice of 2 of the following : lost 1 vote, spend 1 pound, and/or move on influence marker down one space. - is it right to assume that the influence marker movement is only in play when combining the election and society competitions?

the rules mention in the 'Spend Money' section that : "But you cannot go into debt unless you are rid of all your possessions."
- what is this all about? i.e. how do have less than 0 pounds? do you record it on paper or memory or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, don't believe that guy. He's British, and clearly the bad guy in the movie....

Anyway, page 8 tells you that the number of megaphones you get depends on the current round.

Political circle. Yes, you cannot move an influence marker if you are not playing with the society module.

Going into debt. Once you have lost all of your possessions, if you do indeed go into debt, what we do is declare "I am in debt" and then start taking money to show how much you are in debt. As long as everyone heard you declare you are in debt, it isn't a problem.

Hope that helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so :
round1 -> 1 megaphone
round2 -> 2 megaphones
round3 -> 3 megaphones
etc?

the table only shows 2, 3, and 4 megaphones .. which is why i'm confused.

thanks for your response, Paul, love your stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Round 1, if you go to the hyde park space you get a number of megaphones as indicated on the table. In round 1, it is 2 megaphones. In round 2 and 3 it is 3 megaphones, and I think it is 4 megaphones if you go there in rounds 4&5 (IIRC, I dont have the board in front of me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this is what i'm getting at .. where is this stated in the rules? where does it say that in rounds 2 and 3, you get 3 megaphones .. I'm having trouble inferring that from just "depends on the round".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 7: Right column, shows the megaphones and says "Play here to gain the
indicated number of megaphones. The number gained depends on the round."

Page 8: Right column, shows the image, pointing to the megaphones and says "Bonus megaphones for the player who sent an errand boy here." and "The values depend on the current round."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm, I'm not being clear I suppose. I'm looking for how to derive the values themselves, I get that it's dependent on the round. I don't see the mapping between the round and the actual number of megaphones, I must be missing something. is it on a tile or card or summary placard?

where does it explicitly show round 1 -> 2 megaphones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You line the central board up with the election board.
Notice that the Hyde park track fits alongside it and the dividing lines connect, sowing you that in round 1 you just the first column, rounds 2-3 the second column, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
holy cow, and there you have it! thank you. I never saw that the competition boards had to align with the central board in a particular way. I'm surprised this hasn't been asked before, it just didn't occur to me naturally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.