Subject: Treasure tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clovis R
United States
Syracuse
NY
flag msg tools
There's no way to replenish treasure tokens once they've all been searched, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves St-Denis
Switzerland
Basel
BS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 9 of the rules book: "Treasure symbols signify spaces on which Treasure tokens will be placed at the start of the game, and whenever the Fate deck is reshuffled".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clovis R
United States
Syracuse
NY
flag msg tools
So I guess there's no way to add them in a solo/coop game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves St-Denis
Switzerland
Basel
BS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante
United States
Katy
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
mb
So are you guys saying that playing solo 1 character that you switch to co-op rules? Unless there is something specific in the rulebook about this I stay with the base rules and use the competitive rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves St-Denis
Switzerland
Basel
BS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wildinferno wrote:
So are you guys saying that playing solo 1 character that you switch to co-op rules? Unless there is something specific in the rulebook about this I stay with the base rules and use the competitive rules.

In this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1659498/if-playing-solo-mod...

the designer seems to suggest you should play solo by controlling 2-4 characters (no suggestion of 1 only), and that the coop rules should be used (i.e.: You win by eliminating the Lord of the Dungeon before the Fate Cards run out). Not sure this is confirmed anywhere else, as the rules book does not suggest anything concerning solo play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante
United States
Katy
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
mb
YJASTD wrote:
wildinferno wrote:

In this thread:

the designer seems to suggest you should play solo by controlling 2-4 characters (no suggestion of 1 only), and that the coop rules should be used (i.e.: You win by eliminating the Lord of the Dungeon before the Fate Cards run out). Not sure this is confirmed anywhere else, as the rules book does not suggest anything concerning solo play.

Well that sucks. I wonder why it doesn't say anything about that in the rules. They should have just said the game was 2-4 players even though we know you can solo multiple characters. Makes my first game void.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves St-Denis
Switzerland
Basel
BS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wildinferno wrote:
YJASTD wrote:
wildinferno wrote:

In this thread:

Well that sucks. I wonder why it doesn't say anything about that in the rules. They should have just said the game was 2-4 players even though we know you can solo multiple characters. Makes my first game void.

As suggested in another thread, there are now a few new, truly solo scenarios published by the designer where you can use only one hero. These can be found here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nskngames/shadowscape/p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ClovisReilly wrote:
There's no way to replenish treasure tokens once they've all been searched, correct?

Good question. I too had been wondering why so many treasure tokens were included (more than double the number of rooms that have a treasure icon on them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
ClovisReilly wrote:

Good question. I too had been wondering why so many treasure tokens were included (more than double the number of rooms that have a treasure icon on them).

This has been answered right below the first post. However, in a solo/cooperative game Treasure tokens do not get replenished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.