Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew a game like that would finally come out (alright, I know there was Village).
It essentially is a worker placement game at its core. There are no workers though. Instead of placing a worker you take an action tile. Which has the same ramifications: an action is no longer available, or it's more expensive, the exact definition of worker placement, in which you block actions for one another. It could actually be implemented with having a number of workers placed on the board, but it's more elegant this way because of the so called time track.

Well, I wish the mechanism was called "action drafting", because then it could be picked for this game. Alas, if I choose "worker placement" a zealous, verbatim gamer will have it promptly removed, so I don't see a point.

Speaking of the aforementioned time track. Even though it is there in the game, Gentes does *not* feature a "time track" mechanism (if it's not there by now, it means my edit has been accepted). This stands for turn order resolution; who goes when, like in Glen More. Over here it stands for a number of actions you can have in a round. Therefore it is actually action point allowance system. The way you manage your resources (time in here) dictates how many actions you will be able to take in a round. It's already been seen in Terra Mystica and Hawaii for example. Both of them have had more resources to manage though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Shadow of the Emperor did this eons ago - the cards used as worker placement stuff devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the game, but have not yet played it. Thanks for the tip, it went slightly up the "to play" list ;].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
See thread: Categorizing games with "Action Drafting" but without "Worker Placement"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who cares knows it's called action drafting.

*shrugs*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Pretty close if not identical to role selection in PR, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.