Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished my first Interstellar play, which was awesome, but led to a few questions:

1. Can the research op draw from the same stack? Also, do you pick stack, draw, pick stack, draw, pick stack draw? Or pick all stacks, and then draw 3?
Y.4.B wrote:
...take 1, 2 or 3 black cards of up to 5 total mass from the top of the patent decks to your hand.

2. Can crew start with two same color disks?
Y.A.Passenger wrote:
...only promoted Human Passengers are permitted two profession counters of the same color.
suggests no, but
7.1.F wrote:
Your starting crew can start[...]with up to two disks of any color profession.
suggests yes. Also, the fact that crew starts older than promoted humans (age 5 vs. 4) suggests they are more senior and should perhaps be treated as promoted humans?

3. Does gray goo risk add stress regardless of roll? The rulebook says yes, but the board says no.

4. Do risks from recently killed passengers get resolved? Example: a 3 starship event is rolled and one of the passengers is an engineer+scientist. He suffers an accident risk (engineering event 3) which kills him. Does the gray goo risk (scientist event 3) still need to be resolved for that passenger?

5. Can school replace profession disks, or just add to the existing ones? (Rules state "add", but I strongly feel the intent was "add or replace".)

6. When an event calls for a die roll, is a single die rolled for all affected passengers, or separate die rolls for each affected passenger? Example: three scientists suffer Alzheimer's. Do you roll once and compare to the ages of all 3, or roll 3 times?

7. Does squid turing robot prevent glitches when on age track, or only when in starship stack?
Squid Turing card wrote:
WARDEN: If in a stack suffering a glitch, roll 1d6. Ignore glitch if '1 or '2'.
Strictly speaking I don't know if cards on the age track are part of the starship stack or merely collocated, though thematically, I would think being collocated with the starship stack is sufficient.

8. Is there any way to have more than 1 Bernal on a starship?

9. Do factory cubes need to be colocated with the starship when moving to solar exit, or can they be added for free immediately afterwards like cards? (Still not sure what the free adding of cards to starship represents thematically, btw...)

10. If the answer to #9 is "the latter", do factory cubes come from the board only? Or board + supply? Or just supply?

11. Do you record your colonization score before or after moving cubes from the board to starship?

12. Are interstellar cubes component limited?

13. When doing a "Legacy Game", does a colony with no humans or promoted robots count? (I.e. a "colony" consisting only of robonauts and/or unpromoted robots. Not sure if it is correct to call that a "colony".)
Y.7.D wrote:
Legacy Game: You can choose to start a new Quick Start game at a dead stop at any colony you found[...]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I must be missing something obvious, but which op allows you to make a second Bernal on a (non-beehive) starship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:

9. They must be carried (unlike cards).

a) What if you make a starshot with your 1-1 or 1-0 Freighter? How to "carry" cubes with that starship? Is the freighter cube self-carried?
b) What if you make a starshot with your cometary Beehive? Is the factory cube on the Comet counted as carried? Does the comet carry cubes or does only your ship carry them?

andrewdoull wrote:

13. I don't think it's possible to start a viable colony with robot only by I might be wrong about total VP. Will need to check.

What is a viable colony? Are legacy starshots allowed only from the colonies where player scored a sufficient amount of VP?

Please create an official Errata / FAQ thread for Interstellar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Following up:

1. So, for the research op, are the 3 stacks chosen before drawing the first card (and seeing the next card), or do you get to see the next card in the stack before choosing the 2nd and 3rd stack to draw from?

4. This means there may be some strategy involved in choosing the order of resolution of risks (among passengers of the same profession). The player is free to choose the order of resolution, correct?

5. This means that passengers with 2 disks cannot benefit from going to school, correct? (Out of curiosity, why? It seems that people should be able to start a new career if they want to ...)

6. So, does this mean that if there are two scientists suffering from a Gray Goo risk, and both of them fail their respective rolls, then two stress get added?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also what about (see above):

Which op allows you to create a new bernal on a (non-beehive) starship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.