Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a) Am I right in thinking that a ship without a captain can sail to a land occupied by an opponent's settlers or towns and land his own settler there? Or migrate a settler into such a land from an adjacent land? In both cases, if the population capacity has not been exceeded, the new settler can remain in peaceful co-existence.

b) If a ship has a captain and sails to a land containing an opponent's settler, can the player choose the consolidate action (leaving the captain on the ship) or must he choose to attack?

c) If the world is not in a state of war, can a settler and a captain both join an opponent's settler/town/city through a consolidate action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A. Yes.

B. When you consolidate, all crew have to be placed. If the Captain can not be placed (already a Captain in the land) he has to go back to the supply.

C. Yes, although you must respect Captain limits and be aware of the Reduce stage coming up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help, Brian.

Now I've played a proper multiplayer game I think I've got the rules all sorted in my head.

One of the curious features of last Tuesday's game was that the other players were reluctant to return excess settlers (above the population limit) to their supply. They preferred to place them back on the ship. I suppose thematically the ship was returning home with the corpses.

Another house rule we developed half way through the game is that once a captain had reached land he laid down on his back. This made it a little easier to distinguish captains from settlers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.