Subject: How does piercing work with human shields rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George MacLaren
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
mastermind was Arcade. He had 5 human shields, I had 5 piercing energy. Can I defeat the mastermind? And if I can defeat the mastermind, do I rescue the human shields or leave them?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, when you use Piercing Energy you disregard any fighting restrictions, such as Human Shields. I don't know how many victory points Arcade has printed on him, but if that value is lower or equal to 5, then you defeat him and rescue all human shields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, unless stated otherwise in the X-Men rules or by Upper Deck, I would rule that the human shields would stay on the Mastermind in this case. Human shields don't function like normal bystanders and thus would likely not be rescued (also, rescuing is like a pseudo-Fight effect as it is).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Rraahk wrote:
Actually, unless stated otherwise in the X-Men rules or by Upper Deck, I would rule that the human shields would stay on the Mastermind in this case. Human shields don't function like normal bystanders and thus would likely not be rescued (also, rescuing is like a pseudo-Fight effect as it is).

The rulebook states:
Quote:
You can also ignore any special conditions for fighting that enemy, automatically rescuing any Human Shields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Human Shields remain bystanders according to the X-men rules. I'd even think that a card that switches villains in the city and lets you rescue bystanders held by those villains (I think Storm has such a card) would work, as this is the interpretation given in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.