Subject: Updating podcast art rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Willington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there everyone!

I was wondering if someone in here can help me, as I'm running into a few problems with the site.

I have been attempting to add an image to my podcast for the last few weeks and have been getting nowhere. The podcast page on BGG is here - https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepodcast/41888/staying

I have uploaded images multiple times, but all of them have ended up awaiting approval. So my question is: what am I doing wrong?

Uploaded show image - https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3597859/staying
Uploaded hosts image - https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3597860/staying

I'm very keen to make good use of BGG to help get the word out about my little podcast and be a tiny part of the BGG community in that way, so any help in this regard would be super appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xeroxeroxero wrote:
I have uploaded images multiple times, but all of them have ended up awaiting approval. So my question is: what am I doing wrong?

How long are you waiting before uploading again? It's normal for uploaded images to enter the geekmod approval queue, and the process of approval can sometimes take a few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you try uploading into your private gallery...no approval queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Willington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies so far! To answer your questions;

a) I've been waiting for a couple of weeks on those images.

b) As for uploading to my private gallery, I'm actually trying to have those images appear publicly so everyone can see them :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Podcast images are pulled automatically from the feed. There are a couple of things that can get submitted to geekmod (like images for podcasts, and some videos) that don't actually go through geekmod (they don't show for users to vote on).

Images for podcasts should come from the feed, and not be uploaded through geekmod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Willington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Podcast images are pulled automatically from the feed. There are a couple of things that can get submitted to geekmod (like images for podcasts, and some videos) that don't actually go through geekmod (they don't show for users to vote on).

Images for podcasts should come from the feed, and not be uploaded through geekmod.

Thanks for this info! That's odd then, because the podcast has been on the BGG site for a while now, but no images have turned up. It's hosted on Podbean and there aren't any weird settings we have turned on that might disrupt any automated image stuff coming through.

So if it's definitely the case that images go through automatically, could you let me know what I might be doing wrong? Alternatively, I'd be happy to just have the images I've uploaded as the images
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why, the image URL shows the coffee cup image. I know there have been issues with podcast images in the past, so maybe they're having problems again.

I manually approved and set the coffee cup image that matched the image URL in the feed. If it's a bug and it starts working again later, you may have 2, but 2 are better than none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Willington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for doing that, that's really lovely of you

Thanks everyone who answered, this community is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.