Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm looking for confirmation about the following situation on the map pictured below.

In a 2-player game, the hexes shown in BLUE are clearly considered border spaces. But is the RED one?

I've been playing that the RED hex as a border space, but as I review the rules I find that a literal reading of the rule would say it is NOT.

Here's the rule from the rulebook (page 8):

In the 2 player game you play on a smaller map. The shaded land spaces at the edge (additionally marked by mist) are not part of the active map and so players cannot expand into them. The non-shaded spaces adjacent to the shaded spaces are the border spaces of the active map. This is relevant for Scoring tile #5 and Clan Fergusson. All loch spaces are part of the active map.

By rule, the RED space is not adjacent to a shaded space. In fact, the adjacent loch space IS part of the active map. So now I'm thinking that for purposes of Scoring tile #5 and Clan Fergusson, spaces confgured like this should not be considered borders.

Juma, can you confirm how the rule is intended in this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
To me it seems fairly clear that the hex you marked in red is NOT a border hex. The way I look at it to be a border hex one edge of the hex would have to be touching at least one edge of a shaded hex ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Red is not a border hex.

Blue hexes are border hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Juma!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.