Hide
2 Posts

Boom Bokken» Forums » Rules

Subject: Great expectations! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flavio Sousa
msg tools
I have just ordered Boom Bokken and I'm really excited about it.

The rules are simple, the artwork is gorgeous and it seems to be exciting and suspenseful.

I love the fact that it plays up to 9 players. I'm a high school teacher and our students love board games. It is, however, extremely difficult games for large groups. Boom Bokken is a rarity.

I have two or three questions:

a) I still haven't played the game but I read somewhere that players can choose who to challenge. Can't we change this rule and make them play in clockwise order? I'm afraid my students may gang up against the least popular kids...

b) Is it possible to increase the max. number of players (e.g. add a second deck of cards)?

c) If you know any other game for large groups, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Kermarrec
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello !

To answer your questions :

a. When you'll play the game you'll understand that no, you can not change this rule. But you'll see that it's not interesting to always target the same person (unless it's your partern) : you give him an opportunity to play, and the goal is to play all his cards... the second thing is that it's often better to play with your partner than to target an adversary - adversaries will try to prevent that by playing "flash" cards.

And, basically, the game is just less intuitive and less balanced if you don't apply the rule " the one who has been challenged play choose who is challenged next".

b. I guess it is. I've never tried, but it seems to be possible.

c. Shadow hunters, Time bomb or Two rooms and a boom maybe ? :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.