Tim!

Melbourne
Victoria
msg tools
meks.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have an early version of Splendor by Asmodee/Space Cowboys (I purchased it before Spiel des Jahres 2014), and it has an item code of 2013-1/SCSPL01M1/CHP001.

The earliest listed here on BGG seem to be from 2014. I'm pretty sure it's the first edition, but anyone know what if any the difference between this and the 2014- versions are? I think very likely the same, but anyone can please clarify? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
One way to tell if it's an early printing is the lack of colorblind aids, which were a later addition.

Look at the back of the box. If the costs on cards are just numbers in colored circles, and they don't have little gem icons next to them, it's an early printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim!

Melbourne
Victoria
msg tools
meks.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's an early printing. It's product code is 2013-1, but wondering if there are any other differences between this and the more common 2014- prints?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Besides the visual aids, I know that newer editions have been using cheaper materials for the chips, making them lighter (which can be a positive IMO). I do not know which printings in particular are affected.

Different English printings have had different logos of publishing companies and awards on the boxes.

Other than that, I'm not sure what you're looking for with your question. There are no differences in the contents of the game. No bundled promo nobles, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.