2 Posts

Vast: The Crystal Caverns» Forums » Rules

Subject: PNP Discrepancy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alina Volana
Norway
flag msg tools
After looking into this question, we discovered that there are discrepancies between the two PNP card files ('Cards_Fronts' and 'Cards_9up', both dated 27th Nov. 2016). Looking more into it, I found the following differences:

Secret Tunnels:
As seen in the previous thread, it has different (and conflicting!) text.
"During this turn, when any revealed Tribe uses only the Move action, you may place its piece on any unoccupied Dark tile, rather than following normal rules."
"During this turn, whenever you activate a revealed Tribe, you may immediately place its piece on any unoccupied Dark tile. If you do so, you cannot move the Tribe by any other effect this turn, but it may still perform its action."

Cave-In:
Slightly different text (1 line), but no changes to the actual effect of the card.
"The collapsed tiles cannot contain other players or Crystal tokens."
"You cannot collapse tiles containing other players or Crystal tokens."

And 16 (18 if counting the three 'Deep and Dark' cards separately) cards with the same text, but slight differences in where the line breaks occur.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Sidequests: Stalwart, Daring, Bedecked, Eagle-Eyed
Monsters: Golem, Gnome, Bright Beetles, Blob
Secrets: Poison, Goblin Ruby
Treasure: Enchanted Bow
Events: Fresh Air, Fresh Water, Deep and Dark (x3)
Variants: Alone in the Dark, Past Plunder

Obviously, the only one of note is the one we initially discovered in the other thread, as the others don't actually change anything about the gameplay.
Note: I did not bother checking the Dragon's Power cards or the Goblins' War cards for this. I can't imagine them being any different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Secret Tunnels text referring to a "move action" is the older text from the first printing, when movement was still its own action. The text referring to activating a tribe is the correct text from the second and subsequent printings.

Topher is out on vacation for a while, but I'll make a note to take a look at this once the addons are finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.