Subject: Solo ranged question and battering ram clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Bates
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
I just received my copy of the game in the mail and managed to get in a couple of games last night. So far I think it's a fantastic game and can't wait to play some more. I just had a couple of rules clarifications.

1) On pg 19 of the rulebook it says "If there are no defending units on a given Area of Fortifications or there are only war machines present on a given Area, such Area cannot be targeted with a Ranged/War Machine Attack."

Does this mean that when resolving a ranged attack for the Attacker if you draw an Efficiency card which targets an area of the wall without any troops that the units simply don't attack, or do you need to keep drawing efficiency cards until it targets an area with units?

2) I'm still a bit confused about the battering ram rules. I saw the clarification from Mateusz that it is supposed to read "Level of the attacked wall", rather than Durability. Does that level refer to the general level of that wall section (i.e 1, 2 or 3) or does it refer to the square numbered sections on the gate? Or are those square numbered areas where the damage markers go, because the numbers don't always correspond to the wall level (Level 1 has squares 1 and 2; Level 2 has squares 1 and 2; Level 3 has squares 1, 2 and 3)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
2ombie wrote:

1) On pg 19 of the rulebook it says "If there are no defending units on a given Area of Fortifications or there are only war machines present on a given Area, such Area cannot be targeted with a Ranged/War Machine Attack."

Does this mean that when resolving a ranged attack for the Attacker if you draw an Efficiency card which targets an area of the wall without any troops that the units simply don't attack, or do you need to keep drawing efficiency cards until it targets an area with units?

You need to keep drawing efficiency cards until it targets an ares with units.

2ombie wrote:

2) I'm still a bit confused about the battering ram rules. I saw the clarification from Mateusz that it is supposed to read "Level of the attacked wall", rather than Durability. Does that level refer to the general level of that wall section (i.e 1, 2 or 3) or does it refer to the square numbered sections on the gate? Or are those square numbered areas where the damage markers go, because the numbers don't always correspond to the wall level (Level 1 has squares 1 and 2; Level 2 has squares 1 and 2; Level 3 has squares 1, 2 and 3)

Level means the general level of that wall section with the Gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Bates
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
Fantastic. Thanks for the quick response, Mateusz.

So are the numbered squares on the centre wall section specifically for the gate damage? Is gate damage separate from wall damage since it can only be damaged by the battering ram?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
2ombie wrote:
Fantastic. Thanks for the quick response, Mateusz.

So are the numbered squares on the centre wall section specifically for the gate damage? Is gate damage separate from wall damage since it can only be damaged by the battering ram?

Exactly, the gate demage is the different from the wall demage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Κωνσταντίνος Μανίκας
Greece
flag msg tools
The game is still in stock ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
kmanikas13 wrote:
The game is still in stock ?

Yes, you can find it in "Board and Dice" online shop (our official international partner).

There will be also the new KS campaign for about 4 weeks with the first expansion. During KS you can order solo expansion or expansion + game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Κωνσταντίνος Μανίκας
Greece
flag msg tools
A friend gave me one copy for the exiled siege, but is the first edition with cubes. I am wondering can i buy only the 119 miniatures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.