Monopoly Gamer» Forums » General

Subject: Power Pack Characters and Abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Here is a listing of Power Pack characters and abilities ...

Rosalina:

Superstar Ability - You may drop 5 coins to steal another player's least expensive Property
Power-Up Ability - (Coins) You may collect rent from the Bank for any one of your Properties

Boo:

Superstar Ability - You may drop 3 coins to use the Super Star ability of any other character on the board.
Power-Up Ability - (Pow) All other players drop 1 coins. You may advance to the space diretly behind the next player on the board. Follow the rule for that space.

Toad:

Superstar Ability - Collect 5 Coins. Roll the numbered die, and move again.
Power-Up Ability - (Pow) After player drop 1 coin, roll the numbered die, and move again.

Luigi:

Superstar Ability - All other player skip their next Power-Up die roll.
Power-Up Ability - (Red Shell) Choose any player to drop 3 coins. That player skips their next Power-Up die roll.

Tanooki Mario:

Superstar Ability - Advance to the next unowned property. You may buy it. If there are no unowned properties, do nothing.
Power-Up Ability - (Green Shell) If there is a player on the space in front of you, they drop 6 coins.

Fire Mario:

Superstar Ability - The next two players on the board each drop 4 coins.
Power-Up Ability - (Green Shell) If the next player on the board is four of more spaces haead of you, they drop 5 coins.

Wario:

Superstar Ability - (Blooper) You may drop up to 8 coins then move forward that many spaces.
Power-Up Ability - You may steal 5 coins from another player if you are both on the same space.

Diddy Kong:

Superstar Ability - (Blooper) Move up to three spaces forward of backwards.
Power-Up Ability - You may steal 4 coins from a player who is up to five spaces behind you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be important to note: if any character is affected by both of Luigi's abilities, they only skip one power up roll, not two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tri Pham
United States
California
flag msg tools
Cool me and my 7 year old are gonna go to GameStop to pick some up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
drook hawkin
msg tools
Do we know if the wario power - up ability is if you cant steal 5 coins, can you steal 2 coins to anyone instead ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Drook112 wrote:
Do we know if the wario power - up ability is if you cant steal 5 coins, can you steal 2 coins to anyone instead ?

the manual says the special boost "replaces" but i've always ruled it as you get to choose one or the other. some character's abilities become WAY too situational otherwise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn M
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I have a couple questions about Rosalina's abilities. 1. Super Star ability says to drop 5 coins in order to steal someones least expensive property. Does that mean she can steal a property that is part of a complete monopoly? 2. If a person only has one property is she able to steal that one?

I personally think that if she is able to steal a property that is part of a complete monopoly and she is able to steal a persons only property than really there is no chance for anyone else to win the game because she can take their properties until they have none. My family has played 4 games with my daughter using Rosalina and she has killed everyone else every time because she is able to take all the properties she wants as long as she lands on the super star... which she does A LOT. And her power up ability being the coins that are on the die twice makes that ability seem a little over powered too... lol. We just want to get these clarified so we can figure out how to play fairly without banning Rosalina from play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.