Shadowscape» Forums » Rules

Subject: Boosting advanced actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
The game is great, but one thing my group ran across yesterday when playing our first game that we couldn't find a specific answer to, was the advanced actions with a non matching symbol on the bottom.

For example, one of the advanced actions was "Prepare: draw 3 fate cards then discard down to your hand limit", but there was a melee attack symbol at the bottom.

Does that mean this card can be boosted with melee symbols from fate cards? That's how we played it, because we couldn't figure out any other reason for it to be there. The booklet says prepare cannot be boosted though. Other cards have melee attack but there's a search symbol, so I'm assuming the melee attack can be boosted using search symbols.

Thank you in advance!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules do state the Goldn Rule on page 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thank you for the response... That's what I figured (and how we played it). When I saw the card, I was just trying to figure out if that meant you could do a melee attack even though the text didn't say anything about it. That makes sense. So you can get prepare cards that can be boosted. I really like this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.