Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Bentley
United Kingdom
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This identity says 'ignore a refugees effect. You may not question exhausted refugees or traits'

So,

1) question a trait?
2) most cant question an exhausted refugee - so what is difference that this would need putting in the text?
3) The refugee effect tells you which traits you can or cannot look at. If i ignore it is this identity effectively saying i do nothing (except vote and exhaust a different refugee)

As im reading this it seems i am a police officer who cant question anyone so gets less out under interrogation than all the others.
This cannot be right.

Im currently playing it that i look at a single trait of my choice and ignore any shuffles/swaps.
I vote and exhaust as usual.

Any other views

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Bob,

Since the Police Officer can be played at any time, you can play that trait while in the process of questioning. So it could have a multitude of reactions. I'll go ahead an lay out how he interacts with each refugee!

Athlete: The trait you just viewed would not be exhausted, and the previously exhausted trait would remain exhausted. The next player to question Andrea would see the same card you just saw.

Celebrity: Don't show the card to any other player, and place it back on top. Not very useful.

Child: No effect.

Conman: You may view 1 card under Kirk instead of needing to switch traits first.

Geezer: After viewing 1 trait, place the card you viewed back on top of the stack instead of shuffling.

Hermit: You get to view 1 of Alexander's traits, rather than showing it to another player.

Scientist: You may view the bottom trait.

Undergrad: You may view both traits, then replace them under Rachel without shuffling them with another refugee's trait.

Promos:

Felon: View both traits, you may say whether Jon is or is not a cultist and may choose to vote to exile a different refugee.

Detective: View 1 trait, and do not switch the other trait.

Nun: View both traits, you may vote to exile Sister Lydia this turn.

Politician: No effect.

Anarchist: No effect.

Socialite: View 1 trait, the you don't have to switch her placement with another refugee.

If anything still doesn't seem right, let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.