Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a blue card that entitles you to add an animal on that card whenever a new city tile is built do you:

1) Place the animal immediately after your opponent lays the tile or what until your turn to place the animal as 1 of your 2 actions?

2) Can your recurring blue card be used multiple times during the same generation (round)? For example, if 3 players place city tiles during the same round, can you continue to place animals on your blue card. It was my understanding that blue cards can only be "tapped" once per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
If you have a blue card that entitles you to add an animal on that card whenever a new city tile is built do you:

1) Place the animal immediately after your opponent lays the tile or what until your turn to place the animal as 1 of your 2 actions?

Immediately the tile is placed, this is an effect, not an action

Quote:
2) Can your recurring blue card be used multiple times during the same generation (round)? For example, if 3 players place city tiles during the same round, can you continue to place animals on your blue card. It was my understanding that blue cards can only be "tapped" once per round.

You can use it multiple times. The ongoing effects on some blue cards are labelled as effects. These are not actions and can be activated as many times as their trigger occurs. Others are labelled as actions and these are limited to one use per generation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mil Myman
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
It might have been a good idea to make these cards two different colors, like blue for actions and yellow for ongoing effects such as discounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
It might have been a good idea to make these cards two different colors, like blue for actions and yellow for ongoing effects such as discounts.

Yes, I think you are right here. Maybe in a second edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually stack them in two piles, one for effects, one for actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we have Pets and someone builds a City the player with the card always says "Puppies!".

Well, okay, I do.

It's a nice card but I've seen games that had about fifteen cities and games that ended with seven or eight.

The nicest thing about Pets is they are safe from everything but Virus. No being munched by Carnivores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leifr wrote:
The nicest thing about Pets is they are safe from everything but Virus. No being munched by Carnivores.

I think Pets are safe from Virus too; they can't be removed by anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The red arrow on the card is what indicates a once per generation action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Born-of-Ashes wrote:

If that's really true on all the cards, this would be the easiest way to tell new players that these cards are one-time use per turn.

I don't have the game in front of me to ask about particular cards, but if one plays such a card (with a red arrow) can you treat this as an immediate action as soon as you play it or are there other actions on the card that supersedes the red arrow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
Born-of-Ashes wrote:

If that's really true on all the cards, this would be the easiest way to tell new players that these cards are one-time use per turn.

I don't have the game in front of me to ask about particular cards, but if one plays such a card (with a red arrow) can you treat this as an immediate action as soon as you play it or are there other actions on the card that supersedes the red arrow?

The action of a blue card is always once per generation and has a red arrow.

An effect on a blue card is always active and happens any time the trigger happens, unlimited times during the rest of the game.

The bottom part (below the image) of the card happens exactly once and that is when the card is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
Born-of-Ashes wrote:

The blue cards say on them ACTION or EFFECT depending on what they are... People complicate the most simple things
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
Born-of-Ashes wrote:

A separate action is needed to use the "arrow action". One action to play the card (and implement any immediate effects, but not the arrow effects). A different action to trigger the arrow and implement its specific effects (but not any of the immediate effects that came from playing the card: those are only done once).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.