Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to have the new maps and extra cards with this expasion. I'm wondering about Consolidation. Text on the card reads: "Trash up to 2 cards from your hand. Gain $ equal to the cost of the trashed cards."

Can you use Consolidation to trash waste cards for 0 money? I know there are other cards that deal specifically with waste but this one isn't specific. I was able to use this card to trash a Lay Rails card to get me into a 6 point remote location. Just want to make sure I was using it correctly since I was also trashing waste/cost 0 cards when Consolidation came into my play area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, that is one reason Waste has a cost on it even though you would never buy one, although there is nothing in the rules to prevent you from doing so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark for the quick response! Makes sense now about the Waste having a cost 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
mark_biggar wrote:
Sure, that is one reason Waste has a cost on it even though you would never buy one, although there is nothing in the rules to prevent you from doing so.

Well, except for the last sentence on page 7 (Trains) or the last sentence of the first section of page 7 (Rising Sun):
The rules, on Page 7 wrote:
If a card’s stack in the Supply has run out, you can’t buy those anymore because… well… they’re not there. Also, you can never buy Waste cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
mark_biggar wrote:

Well, except for the last sentence on page 7 (Trains) or the last sentence of the first section of page 7 (Rising Sun):
The rules, on Page 7 wrote:
If a card’s stack in the Supply has run out, you can’t buy those anymore because… well… they’re not there. Also, you can never buy Waste cards.

Also, the Waste card itself states 'This card cannot be bought.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.