Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Miller
United States
Granger
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've painted a few sets of the mechs. I'm getting ready to work on the bases. My vision is that the bases will reflect the faction colors with a bit of landscaping accents (foliage, rocks, mud, etc) just around the feet of the mechs.

I was thinking of glueing the rocks and sand material to the base with Elmers then painting the entire base the faction color. I'd go back and drybrush the rock/mud terrain and add any foilage.

Do you think this is the best method to achieve this look? Should I paint the base first then add the rocky terrain?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Id maybe just paint the rim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've done what you were planning to my own copy of scythe.

https://boardgamegeek.com/images/user/940937/page/2?username...

I used citadel texture paint (Stirland Mud specifically) to achieve a bumpy ground. I used a mix of real rocks and twigs (for logs) and also synthetic foliage.

I applied the basing material before I painted the minis themselves, then painted and dry brushed the ground after i completed the mini. I also painted the faction colour on the base at that point.

After varnishing the mini with a matte varnish, I applied the grass, rocks and twigs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Miller
United States
Granger
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon
Those look great! Thanks for the tips!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No problemo! I look forward to seeing the finished product

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Miller
United States
Granger
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjtham wrote:
No problemo! I look forward to seeing the finished product

Just posted here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1806954/first-shot-painting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.