Monopoly Gamer» Forums » Rules

Subject: Custom Rules for Amiibos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Pace
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chistopher Breymeyer on the Facebook group The Boardgame Group had a great idea, we need to create community rulesets for bringing Amiibos into Monopoly Gamer.

Please submit your ideas in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Crane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone needs to make a bigger board then, that's whats holding me back from using them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pace
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Devonmouse wrote:
Someone needs to make a bigger board then, that's whats holding me back from using them.

Well that's disheartening, (my copy is on order so I haven't been able to check sizing). We only have a few Amiibos so it's not a huge loss to our household, but seemed like a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Crane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At best you can fit one on a square, i'd rather make some rules up and use them as special bosses and just place them in the middle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be cool to use them as Mushroom power-ups. Maybe a player can spend coins to use a Mushroom to make their character grow into the Amiibo sized character.

How to get a mushroom:
Players can purchase a mushroom for 3 coins while on a property they own. Players get a free mushroom for landing on Free Parking.

How to use a mushroom:
Mushrooms are used as soon as they get them. Players can never have/use more than 1 mushroom on a turn. Must be used before rolling to move.

Special Power
It could allow that player to move twice the number of spaces on the movement die.
i.e. They could either move the value of the move die or twice that amount. Either way they must move the full amount chosen.

Any player that the amiibo figure lands on or move past must give the amiibo player a coin.

Returns back to normal:
If the amiibo player rolls a six or if another player lands on the same space as them (not move past). Red and Green shells can be used to shrink them as well on top of there effects.

In the case of rolling a 6, the player still get to take their turn normally as the Amiibo sized character. At the end of their turn they revert back to normal. (Thematically this would be like getting a invincibility star)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Breymeyer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Chrostopher Breymeyer here :). While I have not yet recieved my copy of Monopoly Gamer, I am going to find a way to incorporate them. I might male custom cardboard movers and allow people to have the Amiibo in front of them. I would like to get the game before proceeding with creating the customs, as I don't want to make unbalanced characters, and I'd like tp have the real things in my hands as a reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Zelda and Link Amiibos fit on the game board. Thethey are slightly bigger than the space. However if on is placed at the top of the space and in the n t space the character is placed at the bottom of the space they fit just fine.

Time to start making custom rules for Breath of the Wild characters :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fisher
Australia
flag msg tools
I've had the idea to include a homemade custom boss card into the deck that represents Kamek. The reward for defeating him would be magically turning your character into a giant (amiibo), mirroring his ability in the SNES game Yoshi's Island.

While in giant form, you force characters you pass into dropping coins. The effect would end when you are hit with an item.

Only one player would get to use an amiibo, but it would prevent board clutter that could occur if multiple characters were represented by amiibo figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.