Subject: Leader Names on Group Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike C
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
If a group possesses the "Commander" characteristic on it's card does that group automatically get the named commander for 0 SO points (no need to purchase, the leader just comes with the group)? Page 9 of manual seems to indicate that, but there no reference to it on page 10's "Renowned Commanders" section.

Examples of groups with a "Commander" characteristic: 305th BG (Lemay), 91st BG (Wray), 4th FG (Anderson).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Schall
United States
Evans City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they are attached to that group with no cost. Stay with the group till they are killed or the group transfers out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ratynski
msg tools
mbmbmb
I had a situation where I purchased a fighter group and then purchased and assigned Zemke or Anderson.. later on I purchased the FG they "come free with" but since I already had bought them earlier, I just assumed they were no longer available and hence the 4th didn't get their free Commander.

Now I try to plan a bit better so to avoid This situation unless I really want the commander for a different group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Avery
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I would probably play that as the commander transferred to the new group that they "come free with". A loss for the old group. But High Command deemed the transfer necessary.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.