Subject: Vault Boy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be any minatures for Vault Boy, perhaps as a promo, first-player marker, or maybe even a faction of "clones" (Vault Boy in different poses)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh I could see it being a map market of an objective or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McCurdy
United States
melbourne
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Could even be bonus pickups that give a temporary bonus to a particular squad or figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
Will there be any minatures for Vault Boy, perhaps as a promo, first-player marker, or maybe even a faction of "clones" (Vault Boy in different poses)?

I'd pay handsomely for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Koneko: A PvP worker placement game set in a very Feline Feudal Japan........
badge
Celtic Connection Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Modiphius have been really open about hearing from fans about what they want to see, to the point of running a big survey about it, focusing as far as getting people to specifically list what scenery and locations they wanted in the box and the first expansions. Hell, they even asked how people wanted expansions, large irregular ones, small monthly etc. That being the case, I imagine they'll be monitoring this forum to see what people are talking about (in which case I'd appreciate being able to buy a small box with a variety of miniaures in prior to full release, I'll take someone in a vault suit, a random raider and someone in power armour please), and if they're not monitoring these threads, I'm sure they'll be receptive to hearing about some ideas like this in the future.

Have to be honest, the lengths they're going to to make it all work makes me cream my strawberries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A vault boy is a nice idea for an objective marker :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Ferrullo
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not be surprised if Vault Boy appears as a promo figure in Wave 2 or later much like Nuka Cola Girl did for Wave 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Psychodog42 wrote:
I would not be surprised if Vault Boy appears as a promo figure in Wave 2 or later much like Nuka Cola Girl did for Wave 1.

It would be awesome! I think they said the Alien was the pre-order and Nuka Girl was the retailer (opposite of what it is now). Don't quote me though as I wasn't in the meetings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Broadfoot wrote:
Modiphius have been really open about hearing from fans about what they want to see, to the point of running a big survey about it, focusing as far as getting people to specifically list what scenery and locations they wanted in the box and the first expansions. Hell, they even asked how people wanted expansions, large irregular ones, small monthly etc. That being the case, I imagine they'll be monitoring this forum to see what people are talking about (in which case I'd appreciate being able to buy a small box with a variety of miniaures in prior to full release, I'll take someone in a vault suit, a random raider and someone in power armour please), and if they're not monitoring these threads, I'm sure they'll be receptive to hearing about some ideas like this in the future.

Have to be honest, the lengths they're going to to make it all work makes me cream my strawberries.

Your question about expansions got me thinking...which would I want? On one hand, the impatient gamer in me wants the monthly expansion. On the other hand, I am afraid I would get burned out or used to the expansions and then become less excited each time. It's psychologically how a reward is great the first time, but if it is given regularly and often, it loses the effect. But if we only get 2-3 waves per year, it gives the mind time to enjoy what's there and then build anticipation towards the next. That being said, we need Vault Boy(s). Personally, I would buy a full set of them for the SPECIAL attributes just to have especially if they came in a large set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Day
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:

How tall do you think a Vault Boy miniature should be? I kinda feel that it should be about half the size of a normal human.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
I do like the idea of getting Vault Boy in the game but I would prefer if he wasn't a playable miniature. He has a distinctive would make him look out of place with the others.

The best solution I can think of is have him as a statue for the terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.