Subject: When do monsters die? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Florian Stock
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds stupid, and of course I know, that when their damage reaches their hit points they a dead. But, do they still get their reaction? Some monster have e.g. the Gremlins damage the attacker when damaged. Do they do this damage when they die? Somewhere in the rules reactions to death are mentioned, but a check on the scroll just showed me this ability only on horde enemies, so there one could argue - the others of the horde react to the death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
flolo wrote:
Sounds stupid, and of course I know, that when their damage reaches their hit points they a dead. But, do they still get their reaction? Some monster have e.g. the Gremlins damage the attacker when damaged. Do they do this damage when they die? Somewhere in the rules reactions to death are mentioned, but a check on the scroll just showed me this ability only on horde enemies, so there one could argue - the others of the horde react to the death.
Spines trigger even when killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
msg tools
mbmbmb
I had the same question, along with a few more complicated variants on when such a skill triggers.

Lets say I have an attach that includes bash. When do the spines trigger, before the gremlin is moved back or after? We took the stance that it would happen after for our first game but wanted to know the "correct" way to handle it next time.

Is this reaction defensible? We took the stance that since it says "attack with" instead of "inflict" or "suffer" like some other cards that armor and defense applies. And thus our armored standard bearer with his trusty shield wasn't hurt.

And then we have the Arcane Spines enemy power card which says the attacker suffers 1 hp. Does this include ranged attacks? We felt like it was worded that it should but it didn't feel right that an archer 3 areas away was getting poked with a spine so we didn't apply it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilgermesh wrote:
Lets say I have an attach that includes bash. When do the spines trigger, before the gremlin is moved back or after? We took the stance that it would happen after for our first game but wanted to know the "correct" way to handle it next time.

You played this correctly. Bash takes effect prior to hits being calculated and the defense portion of combat, so the spines won't hit the attacker who is bashing (though if there were another hero in the area the Gremlin was bashed into, the spines would affect that hero).

Gilgermesh wrote:
Is this reaction defensible? We took the stance that since it says "attack with" instead of "inflict" or "suffer" like some other cards that armor and defense applies. And thus our armored standard bearer with his trusty shield wasn't hurt.

You played this correctly, as well. Anything that says "attack" is defended normally. Anything that says "suffer" goes straight to your HP without passing Go or collecting your armor.

Gilgermesh wrote:
And then we have the Arcane Spines enemy power card which says the attacker suffers 1 hp. Does this include ranged attacks? We felt like it was worded that it should but it didn't feel right that an archer 3 areas away was getting poked with a spine so we didn't apply it.

This would affect ranged attacks. If it only affected melee attacks the power would specify that (since melee vs. ranged is a defined game term).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.