Dice Forge» Forums » General

Subject: Looking forward to delicious expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat Quayle
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's fun and fast. Yes, it's a little light, but so fast it demands revenge replays, and there is room for delightful expansions: new and fussier cards, special, more game-expensive die faces, extra secondary boards....

And ways to get more dice!!! I need more dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think keeping it fixed at two dice makes for a more interesting experience. I like the faces as they are, as well. I could see adding more if we got a fourth resource of some kind. The real growth potential is in cards. There's so much that can be done, but keeping the number available and costs fixed. It's definitely rife for expansion content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stupid question - will the insert (which I have heard praised for its layout) accommodate an expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Stupid question - will the insert (which I have heard praised for its layout) accommodate an expansion?

It will for sure handle more cards - and there is space to bag some additional dice faces but the market board can't hold any more spaces. I guess they could add an entire 2nd market board??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They can make it work

And should...ASAP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
They can make it work

And should...ASAP!

Patience. It's been out like...a week. Enjoy it as it is; it'll still be there when/if they expand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Patience. It's been out like...a week. Enjoy it as it is; it'll still be there when/if they expand it.

Pa...tience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring on the expansion ! More die faces. More cards. More attatchments for the player board. Hopefully its already in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is the giant suspicious blank space in the middle of all the pools. It even looks almost like a construction zone. Clearly, they're going to add a cube tower right there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
PoznaƄ
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they had expansion in mind while releasing this, too. That empty hole in the insert below player boards doesn't hold anything currently and it looks like it could :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a big chunk of space between the starting portals and the big 5-5 island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The publishers have posted twice in another thread (this one) to say that they aren't working on any expansions yet.

I agree everything about the game screams "we planned ahead of time to definitely do expansions" but Libellud is saying in actual words that that's not the case. Maybe they'll do one eventually, but we shouldn't count on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.