Subject: What is damage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Florian Stock
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is considered damage, for the purpose of the enemies attack effects, that say "When dealing damage..."?

For regular damage, I would say it is clear:
If, at the end of the fight, I have put a damage token on my hero, he dealt damage, if not then not.

But what is e.g. with Red Raider?
When the sword deals damage, he attacks with the knife. Imagine he makes 3 damage and a Blind - and I defend all 3 hits. So I get no wounds, but I am still blinded. Is this "Blinded" considered damage, or not?

(It can also happen the other way around, when e.g. a Gremlin is damaged by hero with a 0-point attack, that blinds or K.O.s the Gremlin - does the Gremlin fire its Spines?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook "damage" seems to consistently refer to the loss of HPs, so my interpretation so far has been that body conditions alone do not inflict damage, with one exception for critical hits removing HP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
An interesting question is whether an attack that deals damage and also has a green instant critical triggers spines twice.

I think the answer is no, but the language is not 100% clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do you see ambiguity as to whether spines could be triggered twice?
The green crit is part of the same attack, and contributes with other hits to the overall damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boulou wrote:
The green crit is part of the same attack, and contributes with other hits to the overall damage.

Because the green critical is applied immediately when it is drawn, and adds a wound, not a HIT. If the gremlin has a single health, the green critical could kill it before the attack even gets to the "summarize hits" or defense stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Skaak wrote:
boulou wrote:

Because the green critical is applied immediately when it is drawn, and adds a wound, not a HIT. If the gremlin has a single health, the green critical could kill it before the attack even gets to the "summarize hits" or defense stage.
Right. The green critical causes the gremlin to suffer 1 HP damage before anything else is processed. From a procedure perspective, the gremlin suffers HP damage on crit, and then at the end of the combat calculations MAY suffer additional HP damage after HITs minus SHIELDS.

Boulou - I agree with you though, I don't think the green critical is meant to be a distinct "suffer HP" event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.