Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Jarome
United States
Niles
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I’m a huge Star Wars nut. I buy everything new at least once. As a result, I have Armada ships and have never played. My local shop is doing an event in a few weeks and I plan on playing, just to get the game time in, I know I’ll get crushed. I have no idea what, if any, fleets I can build from what I have, though. I have a pic of my collection below, its basically just from the first 2 waves. I can pick up a thing or two if need be to fill things out, but not too much, the money isn’t there right now. Suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a thread in these forums called something like "take a build, leave a build, 300/400 points" that I was going to link to, but I can't find it, so if you search for it, that'll give you some ideas.

Based on your pic, you might just play an Imperial list with the 2 VSDs, a Gladiator if you have one (didn't see one in the pic but it might be in there) and a bunch of TIE fighters and bombers.

That'll be an easy list to start with, since the Imperials are basically all about flying straight at the enemy and rolling a lot of dice. Rebels require a lot of fancy flying, and you won't want to mess with that in your first game.

Use Screed as your commander, and pick a maximum of one upgrade card per ship, unless you've got leftover points to get to 400. If you're new, having multiple special abilities on your ships will just result in you throwing away points on cards you forget to use during the game.

As you said, you'll probably lose, but you'll want to focus on learning as much as you can and figuring out which style of Armada you like to play. And have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
Here is an imperial list assuming you have the VSD expansion pack and not just 2 VSDs from an extra starter set.

VSD-II 85
Gunnery Team 7
Admiral Motti 24

VSD-I 73
Flight Controllers 6
Expanded hangar bay 5
Wulff 7

Raider-I 44
Ordnance Experts 4
Assault Conc Missiles 7

Mauler Mithel 15
Darth Vader 21
2 Tie-B 18
Tie-F 8
Tie-I 11
Firespray 18
Dengar 20
IG88 21

Total 394/400

Most Wanted, Contested Outpost, Dangerous territory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.