Subject: Stolen Letters clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Finkle
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game of Word Domination and a few questions about stolen letters came up. If a letter is stolen by the opponent and, on a subsequent turn, I draw that letter (that I can't use because the opponent controls it) what happens? We played that the drawn tile is discarded and a replacement is drawn. Also we had a situation where I used the wormhole arsenal tile (power to use a letter that was already stolen by another player) to steal the same letter that the opponent already controlled from the board. We played that since we both controlled the same letters, they cancelled each other out and we could both have access to them in the future. What are the official rulings for these situations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Rahenkamp
United States
Pelham
NY
flag msg tools
I think you misunderstand the rules, you don't own the letter itself, just that specific tile. Each tile counts separately, and also when you spell a word that requires tell same letter multiple times, each instance of that letter requires the use of a separate tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Finkle
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh. That makes more sense. I thought that controlling a letter gave a player exclusive use to all instances of that letter (whether in front of them or on the board) for the rest of the game. This makes more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.