tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
何 志航
msg tools
mbmb
Hi,Marc,I have already played the game, there are some questions to clarify
About skill tree:
1.when character kills the first creature, dose he gain the first skill tree cards and have first skill indicated on the card?
2.how do we mark to which one is our option?
ex: when skill tree space 1 will upgrade,how to ensure space 2 or 3 is chosen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jianjun ma
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nonon0610 wrote:
Hi,Marc,I have already played the game, there are some questions to clarify
About skill tree:
1.when character kills the first creature, dose he gain the first skill tree cards and have first skill indicated on the card?
2.how do we mark to which one is our option?
ex: when skill tree space 1 will upgrade,how to ensure space 2 or 3 is chosen?

I'm using the soul token to mark the skill progress

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jianjun ma
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello ,as I said before,some pact cards don't have triggering condition,when will their effects be applied?sometimes they some tell you to do something,but when is the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Ripoll
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When you unlock a new skill tree, you choose one of them and automatically activate the first space. From there, when you improve your character again, you can choose skill 2 or 3, and you just move your token to that space.
If you unlock spaces 2 and 3, then you just place 1 token in each space (and then move from 2 to 4 and from 3 to 5, if you keep unlocking new skills).

We use the Soul (red cubes) tokens to manage the skill trees. You only need 2 of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Ripoll
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pact cards must be resolved as soon as the game allows it. That's what rules say.
For example, if a pact card says that if a character runs, you must force a fall, then the first time a character runs, you MUST resolve that Pact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jianjun ma
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game Forger wrote:
Pact cards must be resolved as soon as the game allows it. That's what rules say.
For example, if a pact card says that if a character runs, you must force a fall, then the first time a character runs, you MUST resolve that Pact.

I know,but for example,the card text says"all players roll 1 combat die.Every miss summons a new creature on a chosen portal"
When will this happen?the moment I draw such a card?
Also there're some card just says"attack another player"or involves "the evil one",for the latter part if we don't have an evil one player,what will happen?And when should I attack a fellow player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Ripoll
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that card should have an immediate use. There are few cards that allow an immediate use.

You can attack another player when you're in its same space. Then, you can use the pact card.

The "evil one" pact card (A touch of evil) is designed to be used when the evil one rolls his die: at the beggining of a night round.

You're right that some pact cards need a bit of interpretation, maybe we should have explored different ways to solve that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
franchini valerio
msg tools
hi
i receivre my pledge and have some questions

Can u or someone translate the gameplay aid actually in spanish?

When i want to benefit from the special ability of an object like breaking a door with the sledgehammer, it cost me an action?

in the first chapter the dimensionnal god is between 2 spaces on the map , can u clarify this?

After reading the rules, i dont see any adjustments on the difficulty of the game according the number of players ? the game seems very hard for me in 2 players but a lot easier for 4

If a pact card says to force someone to draw a event card, or another action, does it resolve immediatly or the player can choose a better moment?

When some portals are off, like in day or night, does the little boys effect still take place or they just spawn on actives ones ?

and finally some questions about the final rulebook and the franch translated one

it says we can have multiple pacts cards in the french and just one in the rulebook
it says if we fight we dont draw an event card at end of turn?

thanks for your reply

still an awesome game anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a game play aid ? I didn't receive one , the last post refers to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Long
msg tools
The only player scaling I can see are the limits of monsters to player ratio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Ripoll
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
- When i want to benefit from the special ability of an object like breaking a door with the sledgehammer, it cost me an action?

1. No, using the card special ability doesn't cost an action.

- In the first chapter the dimensionnal god is between 2 spaces on the map , can u clarify this?

2. No, it's not: that room is a sole space and he's inside that space.

- After reading the rules, i dont see any adjustments on the difficulty of the game according the number of players ? the game seems very hard for me in 2 players but a lot easier for 4.

3. It is harder with 2 players than with 3-4 players. But the game has less creatures with 2 players, as the maximum is 4 per character, so a 2 players game has a maximum of 8 creatures. Also, creatures summoning and events will be less frequent. And you can play "easy mode" if you want (rules, page 25).

- If a pact card says to force someone to draw a event card, or another action, does it resolve immediatly or the player can choose a better moment?

4. Pact cards must be resolved immediately whenever you have a chance to resolve it (it doesn't need to be your turn). You are only allowed to keep and use pact cards whenever you want, in the chapters that say so (survival diary).

- When some portals are off, like in day or night, does the little boys effect still take place or they just spawn on actives ones ?

5. Witth "little boys", you mean "Killer toys"? If so, they appear on every portal, it doesn't matter if it's activated or not.

- In the french translation it says we can have multiple pacts cards in the french and just one in the rulebook
it says if we fight we dont draw an event card at end of turn?

6. You can have multiple Pact cards.
7. It doesn't matter if you attack or not, if you end your turn alone (without enemies, allies or characters in your same space), you pick an Event card always.

Thanks.
-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziemek
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a weapon card is discarded, whats happen with it? Is it stay in this location, or maybe is removed from game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph K
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since disgarding a weapon gets you a trap in your inventory, I think thematically it's supposed to mean you take apart the weapon to use its material to build that trap. So I'm pretty sure the weapon is no longer usable and out of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Ripoll
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Ntzoidos
Greece
Lamia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Merry Christmas guys! i played yesterday the game but I think the Perdition's Rod card has a misprint.It says " remove 1 creature from the board. All players must roll 1 combat die : those who roll a Miss die. One use only." I am confused with the meaning of the card..goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.