Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that after a battle, a priority one retreat is any naval retreat to original union state port for a Corp, division or army

My question is can an army roll and evade attack and retreat per same conditions. 7.24 seems to indicate no and that it must be an "adjacent neutral or friendly location" but I want to be sure.

I have cornered A of P (down to 1 SP) in DC with AONV in Frederick ready to finish off the AOP but I want to make sure they can't discretionary retreat by sea. If not then they only have friendly PC's in Manassas and Annapolis to go to and each of those are cut off by CSA PC's so I can bring them to battle there if need be. But if they can retreat to say Philly then that's another story

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oof, read some more and looks like my sure destruction of A of P is no longer a sure thing :(. i thought 7.23 and 24 were everything but i read section 7.62 and it looks like the Union can use naval retreat pursuant to all normal restrictions of 7.61

accursed union navy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this seems pretty clear:
7.24 wrote:
The Union can use 7.62 to retreat from ports before battle.

7.62 wrote:
...a naval retreat is from the occupied port space to a Union controlled port, with an LOC, in an original Union state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.