Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if everyone in the know knows about this, but if you are looking for the expansion to 1860: 1860: Locomotives of the Isle of Wight Mike has created a thread at Out of stock - for now

He indicated he is looking for 20 people before he will print. Make that 19

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
I really should get the base first...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raujour wrote:
I really should get the base first...

Seriously, how do we get them to reprint the base game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lychenus wrote:
woud like a base too. how about if we get another 20 to get him a base.

I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lychenus wrote:

Sorry, but the main game needs a rather larger print run to make it viable. I'd be looking at upwards of 200 people before attempting to find funding for it. This is particularly because there's up to 1,400 copies of it out there already, and the lowest viable print run would be about 1,000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Baum
msg tools
Is there any way to gauge how much interest there is? I've been looking for a reasonably priced copy for a while. Same with 1862. I know there are many others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Hutton wrote:
lychenus wrote:

Sorry, but the main game needs a rather larger print run to make it viable. I'd be looking at upwards of 200 people before attempting to find funding for it. This is particularly because there's up to 1,400 copies of it out there already, and the lowest viable print run would be about 1,000.

There's talk of GMTs interest in trying another 18xx, and chatter around this being a great title to try.

You should consider reaching out to Gene about it. They have the p500 to do the testing for you.

Or perhaps All-aboard Games would take it on as a handmade print-on-demand type of project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Squires
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
The situation IS getting gratch
badge
Useless, useless, heavy rain, driving into the sea
mbmbmbmbmb
Sign me up for a copy of the base game too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1860 produced in a high quality versione like gmt did with 1846. It would be great! And maybe, with the expansion already in the box...
A man can dream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mirror33 wrote:

There's talk of GMTs interest in trying another 18xx, and chatter around this being a great title to try.

You should consider reaching out to Gene about it. They have the p500 to do the testing for you.

Or perhaps All-aboard Games would take it on as a handmade print-on-demand type of project.

I may contact Gene about p500.

The complication with AAB is that Scott insists on doing his artwork, which is a red line for me as I purposefully do all my own. I'm not too keen on his graphic style, which complicates things further. I'm also not too keen on a manufacturing method which makes games cost $100 insread of $50, and which would have meant that if I had gone down that road with the reprint then the run might have made 400-500 copies as opposed to the 1000 we ended up with. Not to mention I would have had no real benefit from it in terms of royalties.

If Gene would insist on bringing in his own graphics people then it may well put me off. I shall investigate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for giving it thought, Mike.

Best of luck (to us all).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Scott at one point offered to extend his art/tool-chain to support something close(r) to XXPaper's style, so there may be some flexibility there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
Scott at one point offered to extend his art/tool-chain to support something close(r) to XXPaper's style, so there may be some flexibility there.

From what I understand (and from my previous conversations with him), Scott wants a unified look-and-feel to his output, which is why he finishes the artwork himself. A case in point is 1861, where he redid the entire lot, even when I had readily accessible artwork he could have chosen to use. The result is functional, but a little more drab than I would choose.

This is also borne out by Scott's rendering of other titles, which are very much in the same style.

My understanding is the only titles which don't follow this pattern are those done by Deep Thought, which are under a separate agreement with Mr. Tamplin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MichaƂ Szymczyk
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mike Hutton wrote:
clearclaw wrote:

From what I understand (and from my previous conversations with him), Scott wants a unified look-and-feel to his output, which is why he finishes the artwork himself. A case in point is 1861, where he redid the entire lot, even when I had readily accessible artwork he could have chosen to use. The result is functional, but a little more drab than I would choose.

This is also borne out by Scott's rendering of other titles, which are very much in the same style.

My understanding is the only titles which don't follow this pattern are those done by Deep Thought, which are under a separate agreement with Mr. Tamplin.

Hope, that you will make this happen Mike! GMT will be best option for all players, because of high quality and reasonable price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.