Subject: LoS- full tile vs art rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the rules, it seems like some terrain counts the whole tile as blocking LoS whereas other things (like buildings) only count the part of the tile showing the actual art. Are buildings the only thing like this or are there other types of terrain that count just the art?

In the same vein, is this why some tiles (like artillery) are longer than a normal space? Just to further block LoS? If so, can I position the artillery so the extra portion extends either in front of the tile or behind, as benefits me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unit tokens block LoS over their entire square. The size of the tile is more to keep the units in "scale" but the tokens only take up 1 square for all purposes. In the same way that vehicles take up only two squares, even when at a 45 degree angle.

As for terrain, the important thing I think you are missing is the zones of effect are demarcated. That is what determines when a piece of terrain affects LoS or even shooting.

For things like the bocage, the outline indicates the zone where the terrain effects are in force. Bocage has a yellow (I think) outline, water has a blue, forest has a green or black (not sure). [FYI: I am a touch color challenged]

For things like buildings, it is the red zones that are the walls of the building. Windows (white arrows) and doors (blue arrows) allow some limited penetration of the building for LoS or shooting, but have their own rules. However, the margin of the tile that is "outside the building" does not block LoS at all.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.