Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for Tuscany state that when you pass out of the Winter Season - you immediately take the End of Year Actions (regardless if the other players have also finished with the Winter Season or not) of taking Residual Payments, Aging grapes and wines, and placing your rooster on the wake up chart, and retrieve all of your workers from their action spaces.

Question: If on my turn I play my last worker (thereby meaning that I can no longer play during this year), when do I start taking the end of year actions and retrieving my workers? Does that occur at the end of the turn that I placed my last worker? Or do I only do that when it comes around to my turn again, regardless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael: On your turn in Viticulture/Tuscany, you either (a) place a worker or (b) pass. So if on your turn you place your last worker, that is your turn. On your next turn (if you're in the winter) you would pass and take end-of-year actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey! That was how ultimately I had interpreted this rule - but wanted to be clear. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Does this mean that in a 2p game, a space can be used twice without a grande? P1 uses a winter space, then P2 uses some other space, P1 passes and retrieves workers, P2 can now use the space P1 used on her first turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Does this mean that in a 2p game, a space can be used twice without a grande? P1 uses a winter space, then P2 uses some other space, P1 passes and retrieves workers, P2 can now use the space P1 used on her first turn?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At which point at the end of the year does taking residual cards happen - before or after discarding down to 7 cards?

For example the structure card ‘dock’ provides an order card at the end of each year as a residual action. I wasn’t sure if this happens when collecting other residual bonuses like payments (after discarding) or at some time before this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the order noted right below the wake-up track on the extended board. Anything with the residual icon--the 2 arrows in a circle--are gained during the residual portion of end-of-year upkeep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.