9 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resolving event token clarification. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Hoehna
msg tools
Hello.

On page 6 of the rulebook under the section "A. RESOLVE EVENT(S)." The text is "Reveal the next Event token and immediately resolve it"

What is the "next token"? Is it the next unresolved event token on the score track? Or is it an event token that is adjacent to the person who is in the lead on the score track?

Thanks,

Darren.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The next unresolved event token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Hoehna
msg tools
But what is the next resolved event? That is what I am confused about. Is it the next event on the victory point tracker regardless on any players position on the victory point tracker? So, if there are two players and it is the start of round two and player one is leading with 5VP, is "The next unresolved token" the next on the tracker that hasn't been revealed?

It makes sense that way, it means that there will always be a token that is flipped over at the beginning of the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player position has no relevance, which is why it isn't mentioned.

It is the next token on the track in ascending order that isn't resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Hoehna
msg tools
I wish that was mentioned. See, I thought player position was relevant because it was on the score track. I also assume that the rule book will tell me everything, even that the player position has no relevance.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
activefire wrote:
I wish that was mentioned. See, I thought player position was relevant because it was on the score track. I also assume that the rule book will tell me everything, even that the player position has no relevance.

Thanks.

If a rule book has to tell you everything that isn't relevant the rules will be 5000 pages long.

The image showed the score tokens because events are on the same track. The diagram provides things in context.

I'm sorry you found the rules confusing. That's why we are here to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Hoehna
msg tools
HerrohGrant wrote:
activefire wrote:

Thanks.

If a rule book has to tell you everything that isn't relevant the rules will be 5000 pages long.

The image showed the score tokens because events are on the same track. The diagram provides things in context.

I'm sorry you found the rules confusing. That's why we are here to help.

I like rulebooks that tell me everything. My thought is this, "If you are going introduce me to a new universe, you should tell me how everything works" Of course, rulebooks can get too granular. If they do, than you get your 5000 page rulebook. When the event tokens were on the core track, I assumed that the event tokens and the score track were somehow related and rulebooks can't take all assumptions into account.

Thank you for helping. This is much easier than scratching my head for a few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm On my phone so it is a pain to search, but I posted a thread with videos, FAQs, strategy guides, and more. It is called "New to Cry Havoc? Start here!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Hoehna
msg tools
HerrohGrant wrote:
I'm On my phone so it is a pain to search, but I posted a thread with videos, FAQs, strategy guides, and more. It is called "New to Cry Havoc? Start here!"

To all those also on there phone, here in the link

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24603868#24603868

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.