Subject: The best one? (possible spoilers?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just finished it, and MAN, this one was great. Lots of cool story moments, some GREAT puzzles, awesome items and choices to make. They are killing it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Bock
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I like my beer like I like my board games...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with ya, Kevin. This is my favorite (outside of Asylum, which I generally leave aside due to it being the first exposure to the system) and the one that gives me the most excitement for what's "ahead." I feel like they've really learned from the feedback of the first few scenarios and put out something that's still captivating all the way through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel exactly the same way. Asylum has always been my favorite but I think it was because it was my first exposure. Lumen Fidei felt a lot like it, but with some other really cool things happening. I'm curious to see how they continue down certain avenues

Spoiler (click to reveal)
the branching decision paths and multiple endings

This is either my favorite or a very close second.

indjk wrote:
I'm with ya, Kevin. This is my favorite (outside of Asylum, which I generally leave aside due to it being the first exposure to the system) and the one that gives me the most excitement for what's "ahead." I feel like they've really learned from the feedback of the first few scenarios and put out something that's still captivating all the way through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim lathrop

Oklahoma
msg tools
ya i just finished it last night with my dedicated group and this is my favorite the took everything that was wrong and fixed it in this one. i hope they keep it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United Kingdom
Brighouse
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Also just finished it but my group wasn't so hot on it. We found it a bit muddled and got in the stuck situation so had to look that up. Also it felt really combat heavy and without character swapping as the nun I felt largely useless as did the Spanish Lady character. Meanwhile the Johan Krieff player was having the time of his life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Mott
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree! This was my favorite since the Asylum. I'll put my specific reasons in spoilers.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
My group found the number sequence before we had seen the poem. So we knew to be looking for a poem at that point. Once we made it (the palace?)
and saw the poem on card A, we excitedly started solving.

However, we thought maybe they had a misprint, as #5 onward seemed shifted. We did straight, but then I suggested let's do it "fixed" and see if it made sense, which it did.

At the time, we simply figured we may encounter a box in the story that we should check. I was also the one that read the card from the man claiming that the astrologer messed up on the 5th, off by one. I laughed out loud as soon as I read it! I knew then, that we solved the puzzle correctly.

At that point, we had no where left to go. That's when I suggested, it says "search in the box", so search the bottom of the game box. Again, another AHAH! moment for the whole group when we discovered the secret sheet inside!

The above is the main reason I loved this scenario, but the duel choice of Pious vs Heratic was awesome too. My group "correctly" went all the way with Michele. However, afterwards, we really wanted to see how it played going Heratic with Yazmina, so we played it again (not keeping the final results obviously). I know it is a bit against what the designers want, but we couldn't help ourselves

Thoroughly enjoyed the story, the puzzles, and the choices!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.