United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played our first game of Firefly with Pirates and Bounty Hunters and ran into the issue with Sash's Hand Cannon- an aggressive player can dominate simply by repeated attacking other ships and forcing the captains to fire their crew.

It seems the best counter is simply to keep fleeing whoever has the cannon, which makes me feel like the game just turned into this scene from the IT crowd when the Canon enters play:

The last threads I saw were a few years old. Is Sash's Hand Canon still an issue for you? If so, how have you handled it?

Oh, and I did see that Mal'a gun isn't the counter it seemed to be based on this ruling from GF9: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19432337#19432337
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think having 40 cards in the Regina deck helps to alleviate the problem some, once you've added the expansions. Having more cards in the Contact decks also reduces the odds of drawing Piracy jobs.

The Hand Cannon is still a possible problem, but no more so than other cards/combinations that can occur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.